When it Rains, it Pours!!!

Its a a damn tragedy. But, on the bright side we finally get some more pictures of your tank.

Maybe a second or third check valve on each line or bring the return lines up higher.
The Ace story cracked me up.

Last edited:
No not all bad.

Could have been worse I guess.

I'm still considering suicide though. :mrgreen:

Biff did you see my Ace story?
I feel your pain! Wish I could help. At least you can still find some humor in it all. Your Ace story had me rolling out of my chair. I am fighting my own demon tank right now. I dont plan on giving up and as good as yours looks. I wouldnt give up either. Hang in there.

Since it seems like you've calmed down now, and you've got a little of your spirit back I was just wondering if the flood also F@#$d up your neighbors baby grand? And when are you going to move out of that elementary school? You know they're going to catch you sneaking around there in the middle of the night. :D

Hope everything works out for you. Did you try to get some of the stuff back into water just for some slim chance that it might come back to life?

Seeing those pictures, and the skeletons...so sad. I feel for you compadre. Okay, take a deep breath and go shopping!
Okay, Bifferwine's 90 Gal downgrade is how many pages long? Time for a dcan rebuild thread! coffeebean

Oh David, I'm so sorry! Those pictures brought me close to tears. We all put so much into our little ecosystems that something like this is truly tragic. I hope you'll rebuild. You may recover some of those corals after all. Best of luck! We're all rooting for you.

David I am so sorry to hear and see this! I wish the best for you! Your Ace story is so something that would happen to me! I can't wait to see the comeback! Your tank was gorgeous and will be even better one day!

Man, that really sucks! I loved your tank, and thought about one day getting a zeroedge...I feel for ya. All I have to offer you is some brittle stars if you want them! haha! I hope you can get it back up and going!

Quick update. I added a bit more water to the tank and covered all the rock with wet towels. I added three power heads to the tank for air and water flow. One is flowing water up onto the towels to keep the rock wet. Did all this yesterday.

Today I went to two Ace Hardware stores, Home Depot, Lowes, and a specialty plumbing store looking for the plastic flap style Check Valves. No luck; I'll have to order then online and wait, wait, wait. :(

I got home at about 9 pm tonight to fid all fish dead. And I mean all of them. My three clams, four brittle stars, crabs, anemone, sea apple, etc...
I think all the corals are pretty much gone. If something makes it it truly will be a miracle. This is far worse than my tank boil. This when all is said and done will be a total loss, I think.

On a positive note, I won't have to about anything when I go on vacation.

I took some pics of dead stuff but it's to sad to post. That's it for now.

That sucks. I wonder of your anemone or sea apple decided to kick the bucket, which then set off a chain reaction, endangering everything else... You tried your best. :cry:

Back