wontonflip's 125g build

My pissed off fish acclimating in a bucket. I tell you what, that Stumpy the firefish is a SMART booger!!!! I was tailing him slowly w/ the net, and he figured out if he pushed himself into the bottom corner of the tank, I can't quite get the net under him. I thought I hurt him cuz he was just laying there, until I moved the net away, and he darted to the other side.

DSC04173.jpg

Here's the video of the tank w/ the 3 li'l fishies and cuc....enjoy! And me being a Zelda geek, used music from Zelda Hehehehe.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf95n8YWv5c[/ame]

Yeah, that firefish kept trying to bury himself under the rock LOL He finally settled in one of the caves. The clownfish is still hanging around that corner, but at least he's not lookin' like he wants to jump out. He's lower now. The bangga was like "Yeah, pimp my tank, beeyotch!) LOL

Looks great Wonton.:D
But since you didnt acclimate your rocks,your gonna have some pissed off bristleworms:mrgreen:

I'm happy to report that the transition from 45 to 125 seems to have gone well. I was a bit worried because my Peppermint shrimp, Mo, went into hiding (I could see him at least), and wasn't eating. Plus my clownfish has been hanging around one of the overflows, just going up and down and hanging out. So I was worried.

But today, they're all eating. The clown still hasn't left the overflow area, though. At least he's eating.

Has anyone w/ dual overflows had problems balancing out the heat? I put both heaters in one overflow, and I put a thermometer on either side of the tank, and the side w/ the heaters is definitely 3 degrees warmer. So I split the heaters. Maybe they're not strong enough. Each is 250w. Maybe I'll get one that's the next level up and replace one of the 250's? I don't have any lighting to compensate for the cold basement.

LOL.....yeah, Zelda fans are the best ;) Check out the people who made that version I put in the video! Zelda Reorchestrated

They are just some young computer geeks who recreated the Zelda music using their computer. They're doing it just for the love of it!

Wow this is good stuff, I might have to make one of these my ringtone

My text/email sound is Navi from Ocarina saying "Hey! Listen!"

Navi's an annoying li'lt b*tch LOL

My daughter's named after Saria! I was addicted to Ocarina of Time when I was pregnant with her.

Theres gonna be a tad bit of heat difference in that size tank.Warm water is just like warm air.Heat rises.Then you got the powerheads.But you'll have small pockets of water ( and they'l probably move around with the current) where the tamp may be 1 or 2 degrees different.
I've got 2 300 watt heaters in one overflow.But I got my RK Lite controlling them.

I bought a used 20g long predrilled tank from my lfs (they have more! So tempting to get one more just because it's predrilled...hehehe...it's from when they moved from their small store, to a bigger store w/ all new equipment). Hubby built a small stand for it (it's around 6" high), so the overflow bend sits just on top of the sump's rim. I have to make more saltwater since this will add another 15g to the tank volume. The previous intake was a 14g tub inside the large main sump, and really, it was only 5 gallons since it only filled up a little before it poured into the main sump. It's times like this that I'm glad I can make my own rodi water. Otherwise I'd be stressing about running to the store to get more water and lugging it around. Trial run seemed ok....but we'll know if it runs well once I make enough water to compensate.

Plus a pic of Mo the pep with my largest crab (I need to get him a larger shell, actually) -- COME ON!!!! CRABS FROM NEMO REFERENCE: "Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!" Ok nevermind. :mrgreen:.

Mo and big crab:
DSC04211.jpg

Stand for the tank:
DSC04314.jpg

Testing for leaks (I used my waste rodi water..hehe..don't worry! It got properly rinsed and dried!):
DSC04317.jpg

Final setup:
DSC04326.jpg

DSC04327.jpg

Thanks guys! Happy New Year! Had dinner w/ family, then snackfoods and drinks w/ friends for the last 2 hours of 2009..and as soon as we got home, I went down to add more water in my sump, turned the sucker back on, and voila! It works flawlessly!

As for the fuge, it will be above the sump. I want to see if I can get more live pods into the main tank. I will put a small pump in that 20g intake, plumb it up to another tank above, and from there, there is a hole in the wall to fit a pipe through that will dump it into the 125. At least, that's the plan :D I'm sure the lfs has more predrilled 20g.

So, this design will pretty much accomodate any skimmer I end up using. I can't wait to get one! I'll post a video soon with the sump working.

Back