xenia

lilduud

Reefing newb
sooo haha in the week that i was gone my xenia trippled in size.... yay right haha except for the fact that its now stuck to the glass at the base of one branch... if i cut it off and leave it stuck to the glass... will it crust to it and grow? haha the magnet scrubber couldnt make it budge haha its stuck on there.

That stuff will grow anywhere. I swear I've forgotten to flush the toilet after removing it from my tank and it was starting to grow in there. :shock:

it will grow back on the glass? i kinda want it to hahahim saying im considering cutting the branch offof the main stem so that it will be two pieces and the piece will stay and grow [?] on the glass...?

hah ok awesome! its on the front tho :( oh well haha itscool... can i cut it with a razor in the tank? and any tip if i wanna attach it to the back glass? can i put super glue gel on xenia? hah

I don't think it'd superglue very well -- it'd just slime up. Xenia can be nasty, so if you can remove it to cut it, do so. If not, just slice through it in the tank and things should be fine. I used to cut it in my tank all the time, and you can see all sorts of juice come out of it. To get it to attach to the back glass, you can try to wedge it in between some rock that is pressed up against the glass. It will spread to the glass eventually.

+1 Biff
Just slide the razor blade between the foot of the xenia and the glass.Then you can rubberband it to a rock and set it against the glass where you want it to grow.
And I gotta warn you.DO NOT sniff you hands after handling cut xenia unless have a STRONG stomach.:mrgreen:

+1 Biff
Just slide the razor blade between the foot of the xenia and the glass.Then you can rubberband it to a rock and set it against the glass where you want it to grow.
And I gotta warn you.DO NOT sniff you hands after handling cut xenia unless have a STRONG stomach.:mrgreen:

lmao yote. I can't wait to get my new lights and grab a xenia!

Back