Yellow Colony Polyp feeding

Nonfamous

Reefing newb
Picked me up a nice Yellow CP rock. After reading I figured they were something I could take care of. They are pretty neat little critters. I'm feeding my fish frozen foods and see that the CP is eating what falls onto them. I have also added PhytoPlan to my feeding regiment. My question is, are the Polyps getting enough food by grabbing up what floats by them, or should I directly feed them? How often should each polyp get shrimp or other food?

You shouldn't have to feed them -- they will get what they need from the light and from the water column. If you try to target feed them, I'm afraid you risk hurting your water quality. In fact, you don't need to feed them at all, they are very easy corals and spread quickly on their own.

I am a huge advocate of feeding my 180 gallon reef. I target feed my LPS corals thawed and rinsed frozen mysis and also feed them New Era Marine Pellets in the evenings when my main lights are off. I keep all my sps corals well fed 2 times per week alternating with live baby brine shrimp, frozen cyclops, Tropic Marin Pro-Coral Phyton and TM Pro-Coral Zooton.

I am a huge advocate of feeding my 180 gallon reef. I target feed my LPS corals thawed and rinsed frozen mysis and also feed them New Era Marine Pellets in the evenings when my main lights are off. I keep all my sps corals well fed 2 times per week alternating with live baby brine shrimp, frozen cyclops, Tropic Marin Pro-Coral Phyton and TM Pro-Coral Zooton.

Yellow polyps are not LPS or SPS... They do not have the same feeding requirements.

Back