Yotes 125

+1 Dustin. I'd say no to the longnose, Yote. You never know when something like that can all of a sudden, six months from now, develop a taste for some expensive polyps.

Yeah,I know its risky.But I love butterfly fish.About as bad as Doc and his angelfish.Not even sure I'll try it,but I been thinking about for a couple of weeks now.

Butterflies are extremely beautiful.
Do like I did, Yote. Wait til your aiptasias get outta hand, then get a Klein's for $20 and watch the carnage. Man, that was one of the most satisfying moments in my brief reefing experience, watching that butterfly tearing those pests apart, after countless USELESS peppermint shrimps and bottles of Joe's Juice. As far as I'm concerned, that kalk paste is only a *temporary slowdown* to aiptasias. I haven't seen the Klein's bother any corals (yet), just the damn pygmy angels still.
BTW that candy cane's not too shabby!

Personally I am a huge fan of Heniochus diphreutes and will one day add one to my reef. I am with you Yote, I love the butterfly fish family. Some really amazing fish. Almost made me go FOWLER.........almost.

Yote your tank looks great! Good job on that! Just had a quick question what are those corner pieces with the grill mouth? I hope you know what i am talking about!

Yote your tank looks great! Good job on that! Just had a quick question what are those corner pieces with the grill mouth? I hope you know what i am talking about!

Those are the overflows.

I may try a longnose butterfly,but not untill I got a tank full of corals.That way if it did nip,the damage would hopefully be spread out enough not to kill anything.

Their built into the tank.Theres a dorso drain and the return pipes in there.
Thats whats called a reef ready tank,because it comes with the overflows and the holes already drilled in the bottom for the bulkheads.

Picked up this 12 headed Candy Cane today.
Candycanewithflash.jpg

It wasnt fully opened when I shot the pic,I'll take more when its settled and opened up good.

I love'em. Ive heard that they don't pick at the coral but are hunting the stuff on or around them.

Thats what I been noticing about the longnose at the LFS.He picks around the skeletons and the bases of the corals a lot,but I've not seen him actually nip a polyp yet.

Back