its coming back in to a state where im not embarrassed
IMAG0826.jpg

IMAG0825.jpg

IMAG0817-1.jpg
IMAG0815-1.jpg

IMAG0813-1.jpg

IMAG0812-1.jpg

IMAG0811.jpg

I added 100 different types of snails and 2 new peppermint shrimp mostly nass, nerites and cerith. I also got a few zigzags. next I will re-add 25 blue legs and go from there. I got this algae by the balls I'm hoping.... it seems to be in remission so fingers crossed by the time I move it will be all gone :D. also I'm thinking of renewing my live rock soon. oh yeah i also have coralline algae again yay :D...

Well I moved my tank Sunday pulled corals out, the fish, snails, shrimps, crab, the rock took, all the water but just about an inch. Moved the tank on to a board then boxed it in. then moved it 38miles to my new apt. On setting up every thing I sprayed the rock and corals with a lite mist of peroxide then places things where i wanted them while building up my reef wall. filled the tank. cleaned the skimmer and power heads every thing got a vary deep cleaning. But all was not well on the reef. My Falco Hawk at some point after going to bed at 1am jumped out and flopped 6 feet from the tank. when I woke up and saw him there dead i cried he was my favorite. He would play with me when i would get close to the tanks a game of hide and seek. Also he would be like a happy dog when I would come home he'd be the first to great me. GRRRRRR Poor 13 you will be greatly missed.

yesterday i got a nem off a friend for 3 bucks freshly healed from splitting the thing was beautiful and looked like it enjoyed its location it feed on some brine all fine and will. this morning the bastard found a hole in the rock its on and squeezed its self deep in to that rock :( grrrr to top it off one of my new shrimp kicked the bucket last nigh and most of the corals are still angry. most of all the Kenya and Xenia. The zoa and shrooms hammer are alright the candy canes came around late last night.

So the Reef is coming around. bearly any bad algae left I'm still pulling the dead algae off of everything :D

Just 2 shots I could get my glass is dirty hahaha I need to get more cleaner for it. I like the anit-salt creep stuff I get. Water just does not do the job for me. But here are some shots... The shrooms will be getting fragged soon. I want more coverage on the shroom side of the tank. Also I want to frag my leather and spread that out more :D....

IMAG0832.jpg

IMAG0833.jpg

Last edited:
thanks Justin its been rough hopping this all works our for the best you know ;) im still pulling dead algae out day after day lol doing another water change friday cant wait for it all to be gone and every one to be happy again
i miss my beautiful reef :'(.

IMAG0858.jpg

My tank this morning AND barely any sign of red slime or hair algae :D well no slam now but still some dying hair algae. but yeah I hope my zoa and hammer and every thing makes a nice recovery. just need to beef up my cuc more and keep it slamming on all leftovers....

Last edited:
WOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW,! Looking Great Kurt

thanks bro now for everything to become happy again so it does not look like just a tank full of rock :( i cant wait :D every thing looks better each passing day and each passing water change

im getting some more pods soon with a huge cheto ball and a bout 25 blue leg hermits in a few days. hereto reef recovery :D

items im ordering friday...

nextreef mr1 shorty
Seachem PhosGuard

I've been doing water changed every other day its getting costly my phos is hanging at 1.0 to .0.5ppm I think my rock when my tank crashed asorbed all the phos sooooo I'm going to get the reactor and run that for 60-90 days and see if the conditions improve if they don't then I'm going to have to scrap all my sand and rock. I saw a vid the other day where this kid ran his for 2months on a 24g and it took care of his phos witch was around 8.0ppm. So to fight this I'm going to drop 89 bucks and get one. Where I have already drop that with water and salt that plus some.

Though on Smitty's hydrogen peroxide it did wonders. But if you've run any algae fighting chem dont do it. It will liquefy some of your soft corals if the chem is still in your system. I did not think it would still be in there by the time I did the move but I guess it was in some way. Because once the foam went away my Xenia Kenya zoa, toad stools GSP turned to jelly most over the past week some the day after the move. Athats left are my yellow polyps mushrooms and one head of my candy cane, my branch hammer my torch well it does not look to hot but its trying.

my tests in the morning are .25 no light on yet when i get home and test its the 1.0-0.5 lights on

pH: 8.2
NH3/NH4: .0
NO2: 0
NO3: 0

Gravity:Between 1.021 & 1.022

well here is my plan and input live and learn from your failures. I feel I have failed big time I have never had such a problem in all the years of doing this I have never lost so much. Well if any of you have any ideas that might help quickly get my phos in check please let me know. I think I need to raise my calcium also I need a new test for that. if all elce fails im going to just go new LR with fish maybe just do mushrooms also and gall myself the mushroom rancher lol any ways thanks all

Back