10g mantis set up

I hate giving links to other forums but if your serious about keeping a mantis,I HIGHLY suggest you do some HEAVY reading. The information just isnt here on this forum..... for them. Id suggest becoming a Reef Central member or troll their mantis threads. Idk what you know so take it with a grain of salt. There are rules for keeping them. You just cant throw a halide light on these guys and grow corals....most mantis tanks arent like my G.Ts'. G.T's can handle a lil stronger light because they live in Acro colonies. Most mantis's are found in deeper water where there isnt much light. next time you go to your LFS Droski take some pictures. Im always interested in what LFS's have around the states. That goes for anyone....if your LFS has a mantis take some celly pix and post them here.:Cheers:

Okay np bro I'll pop by and see if the still have the reddish one from 3 weeks ago. By the way folks I would recommend the mantis shrimp vid Dana posted not to long ago
National Geographic Wild HD Ninja Shrimp - YouTube <---Ninja Shrimp

they are amazing and vary smart they learn like no other these guys are far from pests. If humans did not push the evolutionary bounds I think the mantis shrimp just may have been the other life form that could of....:Cheers:

One of my lfs had a peacock shrimp, he was a monster.

Peacock_clown_Mantis_Shrimp2.jpg

Ive had the last two days off and been trying to watch the tank to see if i see any signs of him alive and seen nothing. Today was feeding day for the other tanks so i figured id stick a piece of krill in the tank to see if he comes out. Bout 2 seconds after i put it in he came flying out and grabbed it! This makes me extremly happy.

I still have no light or powerhead. Light, ima get a PAR38 and just keep it dialed down. As far as flow ill prolly just throw a nano Koralia in there.

Picked up a biocube powerhead(250gph) today along with a few more rocks. Also grabbed some snails for all 3 anks. Still no light on this beast. Trying to find a dimmable PAR38 bulb and not having much luck. Anyone know where i could get one? Shits and giggles heres a photo with my flashlight on my iphone over the tank.

DSC_0047.jpg

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004KW1T2C/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00]Amazon.com: Dimmable High Power Par38 White + Blue LED Aquarium Reef Corals Grow Light Bulb, 1325w+b: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

I've been using it for a week, it's pretty awesome.

Here the feed vid.....as i put the powerhead in and more LR i didnt know where he was hiding or calling "home" At the 53 second mark you can see him grab it but take off. He was so quick i didnt even see it till i watched the video. This was taken with the nikon and the iphone sitting on the biowheel with the flashlight app on for light. Ill try and get a better vid next feeding session

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zKd0MubniU&list=UUNbwOWXBYAB7EuD3iZ0rREA&index=1&feature=plcp]unknown mantis - YouTube[/ame]

Click the picture?
thats freaking awesome maybe you can train it to be an alarm-clock so it wakes you when you need to get up hahahaha:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

But yeah I think its awesome then again I can sleep through any thing for the most part.

thats freaking awesome maybe you can train it to be an alarm-clock so it wakes you when you need to get up hahahaha:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

But yeah I think its awesome then again I can sleep through any thing for the most part.

I can sleep through mostly anything too. I like to compare the sound to hitting a golf ball of the Tee with a driver.

I know Im late to the party, but what a cutie! He is luck to have found such a great home!

Better late than never! Thanks!

Wow, that's pretty damn cool!!

Thanks, yea i realize that is my other tank but didnt feel like digging up the thread. The scary thing is that ive never seen him this aggressive for food. Also the fact that he's hitting the snail while its still on the glass scares me as well. If he misses.....could be disaster!:shock:

Back