10g mantis set up

Dana, the zooman bulb is pretty sweet. I got one during the preorder and I like it.

Also , just picked up a 2" peacock yesterday (total impulse buy) so for now its acting as fuge master until I move and setup a permanent home.

Dana, the zooman bulb is pretty sweet. I got one during the preorder and I like it.

Also , just picked up a 2" peacock yesterday (total impulse buy) so for now its acting as fuge master until I move and setup a permanent home.

Thats good to know that you like it. Nice pic up on the peacock and welcome to the addiction of mantis's

So the bulb is in but the fixture was on back order....i had to see what it looked like so i put it in my light for my "living room". About 2 feet above the tank the light just spews everywhere. THe 60 degree optics will work great about 8-12" above the surface....cant wait.
16f4e02d.jpg

0d9de5fe.jpg

And its now over the tank, with a "jerry rig". Gotta say its quite impressive. Just this lil bulb is brighter than my ATI 4 bulb fixture on my reef tank. The color combination is stunning. Gunna try and add a few zoa's sometime today.

I'll post a few after dinner...not gunna look like much i dont feel like digging out the dslr, so iphone pix it is and you will have to deal with it =)

I'm watching this closely Dana - want to see how this light works out for you. And just in case you feel like experimenting, I'd love for you to add a small red acan frag to the tank and see how it does under your light since you have the full spectrum! I'm thinking of this light for my 10g ;)

Gunna have to wait till my day off for decent pix...iphone pix as promised. lil late but whatev. I refuse to tank any zoa's out of my other mantis tank as i have aptasia and some hair algae im dealing with and dont wanna transfer it to this tank. So i basically salvaged what i could from the reef. Took anything out that was loose or looking not so hot.....which just happened to be most of my ric's. I had to change the flow in the reef and it seems the rics just couldnt handle it. Enough talk.

Light
0d9de5fe.jpg

Above

1d93e1bf.jpg

efea3f54.jpg

ede87560.jpg

d054099c.jpg

Peak a boo, since the light has been on I def see him/her a lot more. :)

f3a1c4f7.jpg

Nice! What do you think of it so far?

I Love the look. The shimmer is so0o cool. Its not just a blue/white shimmer, its like a rainbow shimmer. I just put the ric's in today so we will see. Theres also a piece of birdsnest i found on my substrate in my reef in there. Give it a week or two. Thnaks for looking.:Cheers:

Back