200gal built in wall

my tang died and dont know why. It was fine one minute and next I knew it was dead. No discoloration or anything does anyone have suggestion

Can you tell us what kind of tang it is, the other animals in the tank, and what your water parameters (salinity, temp, pH, alk, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate) are?

I have and sand goby, lawn mower blenny. It was a kole tang. I have some snails, emerald crabs, blue and red legged crabs.
Salinity is 1.025
calcium = 420
Phosphates = .25
high ph = 8.4
Ammonia = .25
nitrites = 0
Nitrates = 0
carbonate 179

Your params look fine -- I'm guessing the ammonia is off... Sometimes fish just die for no apparent reason? It sucks, but it happens.

Because the ammonia is actually burning your fish right now. The only way to get the levels down is to remove the ammonia, the only way to remove the ammonia is to change the water.. Typically you want to do a 10-20% water change once every 2 weeks.

Went back through your build...You tank isn't stable enough, and you don't have enough live rock to filter the water sufficiently for you to skip water changes. You have to make them part of the routine.

Went back through your build...You tank isn't stable enough, and you don't have enough live rock to filter the water sufficiently for you to skip water changes. You have to make them part of the routine.
How much live rock do I need . I have 150lbs in there now
How much can my tank hold. I have a 3-4 inch sand bed as well

could be the salt you use, some salts are a bit lower in some trace elements than what you may keep your tank levels at. A 2 part dosing set may be needed to get your levels back where you like. DO NOT dose as soon as you do a WC, let the tank run for bit to let the levels stable out. also be sure to let your salt mix for a few hours to make sure it is mixed properly, (i let it mix for 2 days) but thats just me. if I am wrong on any of this someone please correct me

could be the salt you use, some salts are a bit lower in some trace elements than what you may keep your tank levels at. A 2 part dosing set may be needed to get your levels back where you like. DO NOT dose as soon as you do a WC, let the tank run for bit to let the levels stable out. also be sure to let your salt mix for a few hours to make sure it is mixed properly, (i let it mix for 2 days) but thats just me. if I am wrong on any of this someone please correct me
I use Instant ocean

as far as rock goes, I usually run around 1 lb / gallon. I am building a 105 gallon now and just ordered 100 lb. plus I have around 50-60 lbs. in my 40 that will be part of the system too.

probably wont use all of the rock that was ordered, but didnt want to run out while scaping.

Calcium shouldn't be a concern right now. It really only matters if you have a lot of animals that consume it (like stony corals). If you need to dose for calcium, that's fine, but as long as it's around 300 and up, that's fine for a new tank without a lot of livestock. Keeping calcium up is definitely not a good reason to not do water changes! ;)

How much live rock do I need . I have 150lbs in there now
How much can my tank hold. I have a 3-4 inch sand bed as well

It seems like you've got dense rock (not very porous)...preferably you want more porous rock so that it can act as a biological filter. Unless you've added alot more rock since your last pics, you don't have enough rock...Porous rock is much lighter, therefore it takes up more space in the tank, and doesn't weigh any where close to very dense rock. Check out some of the build threads of established tanks in the tank showcase.

Here are some recent pictures
flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture931-100-2564.jpg

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture932-100-2565.jpg

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture933-100-2567.jpg

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture934-100-2568.jpg

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture935-100-2569.jpg

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture936-100-2571.jpg

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture937-100-2572.jpg

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture938-100-2573.jpg

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture939-100-2580.jpg

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture940-100-2576.jpg

These are just a few of my frags