200gal built in wall

I have 1 more day till my black-out is complete. I have manage to pick 80% of all hair algae off everything. Hopefully it doesn't continue to grow.
What is the proper way to run my halides and moons? I have 1 blue and 1 purple for my moons.
At 11am my moons kick on. At 12pm my halides kick on. At 8pm my halides kick off and at 9pm my moons kick off

I have sat down and figured up what all money I have in this build, tank, and coral. It came to 2,300.00. I had over 1,000.00 worth of coral gave to me. I cant wait till my Austrailian acan gets bigger. I have 40 head of tubs blue that are going ok. I have some purple hornets, barbie zoos, red hornets, green candy canes, pink/green candy canes, chocalate zoos, birdsnest, acropora, and many others.

I have 1 more day till my black-out is complete. I have manage to pick 80% of all hair algae off everything. Hopefully it doesn't continue to grow.
What is the proper way to run my halides and moons? I have 1 blue and 1 purple for my moons.
At 11am my moons kick on. At 12pm my halides kick on. At 8pm my halides kick off and at 9pm my moons kick off

That lighting schedule is fine. Most people keep their lights on for 8 to 12 hours a day.

Hell yah, There is nothing wrong with smoking a little weed and drinking some beer. Today the lights will fire up and than pictures start happening. Powerheads are on order, leds are on order, Algae scrubber almost complete waiting on screen.

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture840-algae-scrubber.jpg

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture841-algae-scrubber2.jpg

This is how my algae scrubber turned out. It is 16" wide and 9" long.

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture842-right-side-tank.jpg

Right side of tank

flip777-albums-200gal-build-picture843-left-side-tank.jpg

Left side of tank.This how bright my tank turned out to be when I lowered my lights down to where they are 2" off the top

Last edited:
I have this Misco Digital/probe refractometer. Does anyone know where I can purchase the solution for micing it? It's reading is off- by 10 and it needs recalibrated and I cant do it without the solution

Yeah I saw your pics, but I don't have an algae scrubber so I'm not the best person to ask about them, sorry. ;) Everything else looks really good though. Your tank is definitely improving.

I am thinking about putting my 90gal in the wall next under our Flatscreen. I almost have all my materials and supplies that I need to make my 2500 gallon tank. The only thing we have to do now is add on with a basement,and our 2 floors above the ground.

Not a good idea to put your tank under your flat screen. A little background first. I install TV's and home theaters for a living, and I also own a saltwater fish tank. Here's the reasoning.

#1. Salt from the tank will creep into the TV. I don't care if you have a lid or not. And when it does, that TV is done.
#2. Flat screen Televisions (especially plasmas) put out a certain amount of electrical interference. It is enough to make some very high end equipment act wonky from 10 feet away. If it's capable of doing this, I would suspect (although I'm not certain) that the fish would be able to feel it in the tank. It would be a PITA to find out though.
#3. Fish tanks make noise. It will take away from the Television experience.

Clean the algae scrubber every 7 days no matter what. For the first couple of weeks it won't hardly show anything on it. Clean it anyway...You'll have good growth 3-5 weeks in.

That wouldnt be very good PRC I will probally find another hole to put it in. I am obsessed with cutting holes in the wall. I put a shoe rack in the wall after I did the tank. I am fixing to put book shelfs and video racks in the wall.

Back