2010 Pico Contest Rules!

Can i make a plea to extend the last date for adding live stock to March 1?

Considering several people have only just put in their rocks 'n stuff in to begin cycling, and most people will wait 2 weeks before adding anything, that really only leaves a month to add livestock.

I personally dont want to add everything that im planning on in the space of a month, it seems like that would really raise the risk of a crash.

Plus, nothing good ever happens fast in this hobby, so can we slow this down a bit?

It does make sense to allow a longer period to add stuff to the tank. We all know it is best to go slow and yet we only have a 2 month window to add everything to the tank?

I'm for Hannah's suggestion.

C

Does the filter on anyone's little tank rattle? When I set mine up last week, it was silent. But today it's pretty noisy, and I can't figure out why.

Does the filter on anyone's little tank rattle? When I set mine up last week, it was silent. But today it's pretty noisy, and I can't figure out why.

Is the top fitting snugly? Mine rattles if it is not lined up and pressed down.

I pulled all the crap outta the filter and filled it with rocks and chaeto, maybe that's why it's not rattling.

C

Mine doesn't rattle but my top doesn't fit well. It was fine before the water, rock and sand were in there. I am going to take a file to the part around my light attachment since that seems to be where the problem is. I can't wait to get home and see if I have anything else lurking that I didn't see before. I did see some red bumpy stuff on one rock last night.

I don't have the lid on the tank, but when I take the top of the filter off, the rattling stops. I can't fit it in any more snuggly, so I guess the lid is staying off.

Sorry if this question has been answered already.

When i set it up, can the sand water and rocks come from my other tank? Or do i have to start from scratch and cycle it?

Back