29 gallon reef

NanoReefer

Reefing newb
Okay so as of now i have a 10g nano reef. i am lloking to upgrade to a 29. Heres what im planning to do, if anyone has any suggestions please post. 29 gallon 1 inch drain, with a 3/4 inch return. 30 inch 4 bulb t5 light. marineland stealth 150 watt.a fluval 304. 10 gallon refugium, with a few baffles, for a skimmer and hiding heater. 40 lbs of live rock. softies. stock list: 2 occelaris clowns. clean up crew. skunk cleaner. mandarin dragonet ( which is currently in 10) and the rest is undecided( maby a 6line wrasse) . please post and questions and or advice.

I'd get 2 drains. I like having a backup - if a snail or something clogs one, the 2nd drain, placed an inch higher, will take over. I'd be worried about the dragonet, even going from the 10 to a 29 - they can decimate the pods pretty quickly unless that fuge is really pumping a lot out or if he eats frozen!

the dragonet only eats pods. i have a pod farm lol. i have some cheato in 6 mason jars where i grow pods. every week 1 jar is emptied into the tank, and next week the next jar is used. there is always a booming pod count in the tank.

I had three of the Marineland heaters and I loved them however they were recalled due to house fires. I called the company and they sent me three replacement heaters, they are glass. Here is the number from the email I got:

Consumers are urged to stop using the heaters immediately and contact UPG for a free replacement heater or a full refund. For additional information, call UPG at 1-800-338-4896

Back