5.5g Box o' Stuff

QUESTION TIME :

Since I am putting a few SPS pieces in now, should I add extra flow ? As it sits now there are 0 powerheads in the tank, but it has a aquaclear 110 on the back that stretches the FULL length of the tank. I did trim the impeller down from 6 blades to 3, but the flow is pretty strong . I have 2 of these sitting around if needed :

Pumps/Powerheads

I could also put them on a JBJ wave box, to mix it up a bit.

Let me know what you think

got glue ?

IMAG0175.jpg

Well I picked up 14 frags in all over the weekend and only spent $75.00 . I call that a pretty good weekend. Started the new year off right.

NanoReefer : I think Hannah is ahead of you for future frags, she hit me up before I even had them. LOL

Finally got my ATO hooked up. NO MORE MAUNAL top-offs. WOOT !!!

I think I am going to roll with this tank for a while, and take my time getting the new tank running.

I really should look into ATO. Do you put saltwater or freshwater into the tank? I would think that saltwater would just very slowly raise the salinity because when it evaporates, it leaves behind the salt? I know that I manually add freshwater 2-3 times daily to keep the water level at the rim (it only drops about .5-1 cm every 12 hours) and I still worry about keeping it between 1.024-1.025.

What kind did you get? And you'll have to make sure you tell me how you like it so I can get one for my 5.5!

I run the JBJ unit with an aqualifter on this tank. For top-off water ALWAYS use fresh RO/DI water. The only time you should ever pour saltwater in your tank is during water changes. I have had this unit for about 3 years, and it works very well. I was just too lazy to put it together when I set this tank back up (that was in August) LOL.

Due to how slow the aqualifter pumps water, I did change the timing interval for how long the pump is allowed to run. Also I took a screw driver and destroyed the alarm that sounds when the pump is running. Annoyed the hell out of me

Back