Afraid to open the box...

saltwaterfish.com. They have a return policy, I hope they make good on it. I'm going to take care of the survivor then snap pictures of the one that didn't make it... what a bummer.

Never had DOA, but I'm pretty sure pictures are enough. Wait and see what others say. But do with it whatever you think is right, bury it, flush it, just keep it dignifying.

I'm so bummed :( But yeah, I don't see them asking me to send the body in. I'll take a couple more pics for good measure then flush him probably. Poor thing.

Eesh. Good luck with saltwaterfish.com! If I can make a suggestion, don't ever order from there again. They have a horrible track record of things arriving dead, and when that happens (not if), you will have a hard time getting your money back.

They may have changed policies recently, but I had such a terrible experience with them, and afterwards I researched them online to find that many others had the same problems. Here's the scenario:

You place an order. Something is DOA. They honor your guarantee -- but if you read it, you don't get your money back. They give you "credit". And to redeem that credit, you have to place a minimum order of $100 ON TOP OF WHAT THE CREDIT IS WORTH. So if you have a $50 fish arrive dead, you have to spend another $150 to use that credit. So you place another order to get your credit, then something from that order is DOA, let's say another $50 fish. They give you another credit -- now they owe you $100 in credit from the two dead fish. But you have to spend another $100 in order to use it on top of your credit amount. So you have to spend another $200 this time, and of course, there is something DOA because there ALWAYS IS with saltwaterfish.com. At this point, you are hundreds of dollars in the hole and all you have to show for it is a bunch of dead fish and a monstrous amount of "store credit" that you are terrified to try to use because you have to spend more each time to get your credit, and it will just end up costing you even more money!

By the time I quit that vicious cycle, saltwaterfish.com owed me over $400. And there was no way I could get that money back unless I spent another $100 plus the $400 in credit at their website. I just quit at that point. I hate that site. And many other people had the same experience with livestock arriving DOA and not being able to get their money back!

So I hope they have changed policies. But that's how it was when I ordered from them a few years ago. I hope your experience is better than mine...

Last edited:
That really sucks....I was the yucky stuff person in my family so handling them doesnt bother me...

one of the peppermint shrimps isn't looking so hot now either... It looked like his buddy was beating him up in the bag, so I released them before the the full acclimation time period, hoping to give the loser a chance... he's still not looking great.... the other one looks happy though...

oh brother bifferwine, wish I'd asked 1st... I did review their policy beforehand... It says if you file within 5 hours of the fedex drop off time you can get cash back. That's what I'm opting for....

Oh BTW, back when I ordered from them, they wouldn't give you credit unless you mailed the bodies of the dead livestock back in a bag of salt (for preservative). So I had a 240 gallon tank. Do you know how difficult it is to find and catch a dead body then preserve it in salt, then I had to PAY THE DAMN RETURN SHIPPING MYSELF in order to get the credit? I think now they accept photos of the dead animals, but still... Terrible company to deal with!

LOL. I can tell I'm getting too worked up about this. :rofl: I want to go punch the wall right now thinking about it. Hahaha. Which is okay, because I have a construction crew in my house right now anyways, I'll just add it to their list of things to do. :mrgreen:

Back