Alexander's 80gal

I fixed it!! I noticed it the first time I read it (of course, that's how my mind works). But it was funny, so I decided to leave it unless someone asked me to change it :)

thanks.

Alexander, your tang is to blame. I am attracted to it.

Last edited:
another pic!

brian1.jpg

Small update. The brain is surviving as is. Only did 1 longer iodine dip and it seemed to do the trick perfectly.

Got 2 sureflow mj mods and put the 2000gph props on there and at 4000gph I could not keep my sandbed from being constantly kicked up and moved around, like it was BAD. Swapped the 1600 props on today still up to 3200gph in there and everytying seems to be working well. The snails are not holding on for dear life and the sandbed is under control.

Well I'm really bummed. Last night I lost my desjardini. Not sure what happened to him but I came home from work and he was sucked up on the powerhead. It really sucks because I waited 5 mos for my lfs to get this fish. I unplugged the powerhead and he actually swam off a bit. But not enough to survive in a high flow tank. Or any tank for that matter. So it really sucked when I had to fish him out and drown him in alcohol. I'm going to wait a bit then pick up another desjardini.

Sorry to hear that alex.

Do you have any clues as to why he died?

You know I have no clue. I had expected with how small he was that if any time he would have died right away. But he did fine and had no issues. Also I have read that juvenile desjardini actually do better adjusting to captivity than adults. So I'm really not sure.

was he getting enough food? because my thought is that if he wast getting enough food then he got too weak to fight off the suction of the pump and thats what did them him

I'm not sure what happened Dustin. He was eating great. Also I read sailfins actually have the ability to live off of fat reserves unlike most fish so they can go longer periods without eating than a lot of fish kinda interesting. But regardless he was eating great. Mysterious deal

Back