Alexander's 80gal

Re: newest fish tank

Well sadly no, I have some other plans for this tank. The 36gal corner tank is hers. She Is going to set it up when we have some extra money to buy all the rock and sand and a mh light for it so she can have a sps tank.

So im not sure if this is where it will sit for sure, but I rearranged the rock today to something that resembled aquascaping instead of just rocks tossed in there after a tank move. and my zoanthids are about half opened up now. probably about 2 or so more water changes and they should be happy again, ready to fill up the rock again. took a couple pics of the Tang today too.

FTS

FTS21009.jpg

Zoanthids

zoanthids2009.jpg

Tang

tang221009.jpg

tang21009.jpg

MMMMMMMmmmmmm Glass and algae!

mmmmglass.jpg

oh and btw i think my tang is not a lavender tang. lavender tangs are acanthurus and this one seems to be Ctenochaetus. Very similar to the kole tang. I think it is a Ctenochaetus cyanocheilus However i am not sure and can not find much on this fish. If there are any experts out there with tangs please give me your opinions. maybe mr jhnrb with all the database action you have been doing.

yeah thats what im thinking. There is really very little available info about that exact fish. kinda weird.

Created a more detailed thread about my add but thought i would just throw one picture in here to keep this thread up to date on what is going on in my 80 gal.

here is my new Desjardini tang

Desmond2.jpg

Got some new corals!!!!!!!!

Got this sweet brain yesterday about the size of a softball.... a little larger.

DSC_0003-1.jpg

Also got this rock with some montipora on the back and there is a encrusting type of coral on it. They were not sure what it was they guessed some kind of hydrophora. Any ideas are much appreciated. i kjnow its not a great picture but ill see if i can get another.

DSC_0005.jpg

There is one small white-ish spot where it looks damaged, I really hope it doesn't spread or grow. Aside from that we are roxkin

I love the picture of the tang cleaning the algae of the glass. That brain looks pretty sweet too. I haven't started the coral phase of the project but zoanthids and brain corals are by far my favorite so far from what I have seen.

i didnt even realize you had a 80. Looks awesome. Glad to see the tang survived. Keep the pics coming from this tank. no excuses now that you have a super cam. :Cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I fixed it!! I noticed it the first time I read it (of course, that's how my mind works). But it was funny, so I decided to leave it unless someone asked me to change it :)

Back