Algae problem

........ All most of the people sayed was change the bulb.......... So I DID!! ..... Any thing esle? The bulb thing didnt even work out there still growing....

Don't expect to wake up and see no algae. It is a gradual process. Do a water change and take out as much algae as possible when you do. You also need to look into the other things discussed here and either fix them or rule them out.

Last edited:
Don't expect to wake up and see no algae. It is a gradual process. Do a water change and take at as much algae as possible when you do. You also need to look into the other things discussed here and either fix them or rule them out.

It been about 2 weeks since i brought the light :3 and i did the algae clean yesturday i hoping it will be gone soon :)

Ughhhhh i dont get it :frustrat:

My nitrate is 0.65ppm
And phoshate is only 0.7ppm :/

I think it either the stock light or i need more flow or i need more rock :/ or .... I just need snails .............ORRRRRRR i need some biff chaetos...

Go back through this entire thread. Write down everything we have told you to take a look at. Run down the list like a check list, inspection and or correcting each thing as you go. Quit looking for an easy way out. Address and correct the issues.

Get rid of some Dang fish for goodness sake! Get rid of fish, get more flow, frequent water changes, better lighting. Simple as that and if you don't have the money for it then why did you get into this hobby? It's an expensive hobby, we all know that before starting.

heres an idea. sell some of your expensive tangs and fish and use the money to buy a powerhead and a a phosphate reactor. with your lacking waterchange schedule i would recommend 4 maby 5 fish. get a clean up crew, no 1 hermit isnt a cuc. get like 20 snails and 15 hermits for a start and see the outcome. like fast said the algea wont leaver overnight. after these things are done then get more rock. theres no sence in getting more rock right now if its gonna get covered by more cyano. waterchanges once a week till you get parameters acceptable, get rid of fish, more flow, and cheato. i understand its hard to come by money when your a kid( im only 15) but if you cant pay for it sell your tank! its not an easy hobby to be involved with and if your not doing things properly your just killing and hurting expensive fish.

Back