And it begins...JBJ Nano Cube 28 gallon LED

Pictures of the new corals.

Hammer

DSC00041.jpg

Blue xenia (This came as a free frag.)

DSC00042.jpg

An unhappy torch, but it was just put in there, I figure it will take awhile.

DSC00043.jpg

Blue xenia on the bottom of the torch.

DSC00044.jpg

Whole torch frag.

DSC00045.jpg

Random picture of the zoas.

DSC00046.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, its actually starting to open up already. I left the lights on for about 2 hours then turned them off. Since I've turned them off and only have the moonlights on, it has really opened up.

How bright would you say your LED lighting is in person?

Is it much brighter than all the pictures you've taken thus far?

Yea I would say that they are twice as bright. My camera doesn't have a white balance. I know people who have the same tank that I do have successfully kept SPS and clams. I'm personally not ready for SPS.

On a side note, the last picture of the torch was with just the moonlights.

Well I was looking at the tank this evening and I saw these really tiny bugs. From what I can remember I think they are amphipods. So I did a little google and they do look like the below picture. This is not my picture, its one I found online, but it is what they look like. Stripe and all.

cleightonamphipod.jpg

Thanks for letting me know how bright. I really want to consider getting the LED model as well so there won't be heat issues. I got to see the jbj 28 on the stand in person last weekend and i'd say I was impressed to the look of it.

Thanks for letting me know how bright. I really want to consider getting the LED model as well so there won't be heat issues. I got to see the jbj 28 on the stand in person last weekend and i'd say I was impressed to the look of it.

Yea I'm really liking the LED. My temp never goes above 80 even with the lights on all day. Most of the time its around 79. :mrgreen:

Since we are coming into spring, the tank is seeing about 1/2 hour of natural light in the evenings. I just thought you might like to see.

Blue Xenia in the sun.

DSC00058.jpg

FTS

DSC00059.jpg

DSC00060.jpg

Well I finally got the API reef test...then I realized that I forgot to get darn mag test. :( But here are today's test results.

Temp: 80.0
Specific Gravity: 1.023 (going to slowly raise this to 1.025)
Ph: 7.8 (don't know why this is so low today)
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 5
dKH: 8.6
Calcium: 400
Phosphate: 0

For LPS isn't 400 a little on the low side?

Last edited:
No you're fine with your calcium at 400, usually between 400-450 is good. 380 is even ok but on the lower side of acceptable.

When I picked up the test kits..I also got this little guy. :)

DSC00061.jpg

I got a coral as well, but he is NOT happy right now. As soon as he opens back up I'll post picks.

Back