anyone know how to use these?

tankedchemist

Reef enthusiast
So, when I bought my camera, I mentioned to the guy that eventually I'd need a macro lens. He offered some kind of filter thing that is a cheaper (in the interim) alternative. here's the pictures:

DSC_0001.jpg

and taken apart, it looks like this:

DSC_0002.jpg

On the smaller lens thing it says "Macro", and on the larger one it says "Digital optic 0.45x Super High Definition Wide Angle AF 52mm lens with macro"

so. I know (I think) how to put this thing on my camera, but when I use it, the auto focus doesn't work at all. I've tried switching to manual focus and only had slightly better luck with that. I want to be able to get closer-in shots if I can, so does anyone have suggestions for how to use this lens attachment?

Thanks in advance :)

Tanked, I think it will screw on the end of your lense. From there you will put your lense into Macro and have to maually fine focus. My lenses when I put them into Macro (becasue I don't have a true Macro lense) do not auto focus.

I don't think I was putting it into the macro focus setting, and I suspect you're right about manually focusing it. I'm going to the park over lunch so I'll try it there. Thanks guys!

These are fixed focal length lenses. That means there is only one "sweet" spot for the focus and you move your camera back and forth to find the focus. The different lenses will have different focal lengths or "sweet" spots. You can use them individually or together. It is a cheap way to get macro shots without the monster money investment for a real one.

ohhhh! Well that explains why I can't get it to work!!! I'm going to go play with it now....

by the way, does it matter what lens I screw it to?

The lenses are different lengths so their magnification will be different. I haven't used them much and I kind of forget what their strengths are. You can make them longer by screwing them together and shorter by pulling them apart. You'll find that each one will focus on a different depth and I don't think they can get a focus very far from your camera, maybe a few inches? IDK. Wish I could give you more help. Just try experimenting with them and see what you can get. Maybe write down each one's focal length? Good luck

C

Back