anyone looking for lights nice sale going on

Thank you Sara :Cheers:

Dustin,we do supply every kind of led light including the led aquarium light.
Because the led aquarium light to us(our company) is new product,not mature like our led plant grow light,then we would like to see customer's reponse and how is the test too. I am sorry for any trouble..

nice looking led light, has anyone tested aquarium light on reef tank long term yet to evaluate coral growth and how many bulbs and how many watts is each LED.

it would be nice to see an affordable LED light fixture that has strong enough lighting for all types of corals and last long to cause seems like the solaris brand led light fixtures had way to many problems from what i've read on reef central.

well LED for reef tanks is a young technology so their are bugs always being worked out, thats why they come out with so many different models. theyre expensive because most of the money has to go to paying off R&D and still make the company a profit at the same time. and also sorry for jumping to sudden conclusions, i thought it was just a spam bot

We can all thank orbitech for killing the controllable/dimmable LED aquarium fixture industry when it was just getting started. Thank you orbitech, hope you've made a lot of money.

yeah didnt those douches patent the technology and then go outta business?

no, orbitec is a company with no affiliations with the hobby, and no desire to make any sort of aquarium light. They rushed in and patented the IDEA of an LED light fixture that could be controlled and dimmed. THEN they filed lawsuit with PFO, trying to make PFO pay a huge fee, and give orbitec, a company of like 70 people or something, 25% or so of all PFO's sales on the solaris.

Long story short, PFO just rolled over, closed up shop, and vanished. www.pfo-lighting.com

All of a sudden PFO didn't exist, a few customers had even bought stuff from them, come to find out that the company vanished before their stuff was shipped.

It's kind of like the a-hole who thought the internet would be the next big thing, so he jumped in and registered coke.com. lol

The bottom line is PFO wasn't too smart in their research. They knew Orbitec, which is a huge aerospace engineering company, patented the method to CONTROL the lighting. They do not have a patent on the LED's, just how they are controlled. PFO stold that method and used in it the Solaris.

It's kind of like the a-hole who thought the internet would be the next big thing, so he jumped in and registered coke.com. lol

Is this really an a-hole move? I don't think so at all. I think it was smart. It's not like this guy patented the technology, or the product. He purchased four letters on the internet. And Coke ended up paying him for it. To me, it isn't comparable.

You'd better believe that if I had thought of a domain name that I believed I could make money off of down the road, I would have done the same thing! You snooze you lose!!

/end threadjack

I saw that they were having this lighting sale and ordered my new T5's. Can't wait to put them in. I just got an email this morning letting me know that they were shipping today!:bounce:

The sale ends today!!

Back