Aquatraders PS-75 Skimmer

After a couple days of filling the cup with water and adjusting, I am happy to report this skimmer started pulling out some pretty disgusting gunk. I think I've got it adjusted pretty close now. I will have to fine tune it, but for now I'm happy to let it run.

If this skimmer continues to work this well - gonna be the best $50 I ever spent in this crazy hobby.

I'm sure it sucks in comparison to an Octopus or Euroreef skimmer. But consider the cost. $50 vs $500 or more. For my frag farm with practically no bioload, I think it's going to be perfect. I finally did the calculations on my total water volume and it's 60g. The skimmer is rated for 75g. I think the rule of thumb is to oversize your skimmer 2x - because manufacturers are a little "generous" when they rate these things. But I'm fine with it. Again, not much bioload here. 1 damsel fish and a tank full of corals, crabs and snails.

Here's some pics. I got this thing on Monday afternoon at 1pm and had it in the sump by 2pm. It's now Friday at 6pm as I type this message. That's exactly 100hrshrs after initial setup.

I'm happy so far. I hope it keeps working like this. If it gets any better......... :shock: I dunno.. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• IMG_3736.JPG
    IMG_3736.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_3737.JPG
    IMG_3737.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
Back