Baby six line or Black clowns

Okay well i been doing some research and i know all about the food issue with the six line and my mandarin....but the six line is TINY, i mean he is super small. I have a crap load of feather duster hitchers on my LR...and i also am going to buy some copepods right now. I guess my tank is relitivly small in comparrison to most of yours but ive read on other forums of people keeping them together no problem....hes so adorable but i dont wanna lose my madarian. They on the other hand also have 2 black clowns that i kinda always wanted too but im not sure of getting an anemone. Ive read they dont need one but would kinda feel guilty for not giving them a place to excape to....suggestions? Opinions?

Clowns don't need an anemone in aquariums, like they do in the wild. Clowns will be perfectly happy in an aquarium without one. But; if you feel it necessary for your clowns to have something to host you can try something like a hairy mushroom. Also especially with your mandarin, you'll risk the anemone eating him

Hope he isnt mad i told him to hold the six line for me lol....spending more money buying the clowns but they will be worth it i bet. Its about time i get somethin swimming around in my tank tho, one fish just doesnt cut it. Well 2 but my mandarian is shy and only comes out when im not standing around.

I'm sure he won't have a problem with it...a pair of B&W here would cost me about 70 bucks vs. a $25 6 line:lol:...good luck and enjoy,were going to need pics too:lol:

The pair is 50 because they are having a sale. The one LFS here is pretty generous. If you pay cash and buy from them often he gives me free stuff and discounted prices. Ill post some pix later in my other thread. Thanks for the help.

Turn out the lights the parties over...Ok not really but turn off the lights and rearrange some of the rocks. That should make the damsel have to get new territory.

Congrats on the clowns.
You might as well get ready to pull that damsel.It's probably gonna cause problems every time you try to add a new fish.

i agree with reefer,,the clowns are no pushovers,just give them time to adjust,they only been in for a couple hours.Your damsel is just trying to see if he can bully them...when i put my tang in a couple weeks ago,my angel laid right into him..the next day they were swimming side by side...give it some time..

Dana where abouts do you live in WI. Where is this LFS? I live near Milwaukee, and always looking for a new place to check out. I have one black clown and love it good luck and would love to see those pics.

Dana where abouts do you live in WI. Where is this LFS? I live near Milwaukee, and always looking for a new place to check out. I have one black clown and love it good luck and would love to see those pics.

I have an apt in Racine Wi....i usually buy my corals/fish from either Aquatics Unlimited on Hwy 100 in milwaukee or at Coral Corner in Racine Wi...i beleieve there is a frag swap some time in sept in milwaukee if your interested PM me and i can give you the number. I just went to a friends house and he gave me his trumpet coral and another frag of a monti that broke off. I really didnt even want the monti so if your interested in a free apple monti frag if your willin to meet me by I-94 ill just give it to ya Anderson, let me know...

Heres a pic of the Monti frag if you decide you would want it.
2010_0807DoorCounty20100009.jpg

And i cant seem to get a good shot of the clowns, they move around to fast and love the strong current apparently...best one i got was with a flash lol

2010_0807DoorCounty20100001.jpg

Thanks for the info. I normally go to Aquatics also. I drove down to Coral Corner once but they were closed. How is there stuff worth the drive?? I live in Wind Lake, so it is about 45min. What kind of lights do I need for a Monti. On my 90 I will be adding non-reef fish and the 29 only has two t-5s. So I don't think I have the right lights. I hate to take it and it just dies because I am not set up right. And thats for the frag swap but same problem-- I not ready for coral yet!!

Back