Beeguiles 29 gallon reef

Thanks for the information! I'm so glad this forum has members with open minds and a willingness to try things like this. The thing I really like about this forum versus other ones (and I have looked at a lot) is the way people do things like this. They actually try the products and run them through their paces before coming to a conclusion on them. They have experience with the products to back up what they say about them. It is a breath of fresh air. Many other sites say very negative things about products including this light but have zero experience with them. So that being said I believe I will give this light a try on my tank when I get taxes back! I'll be sure to post pics so everyone can see.

Snyder, i am so glad to hear you say that! I got this light almost a year ago and I had a lot of people telling me that its only good for Softies and low light lps. Well over the past year I've worked my way up to sps and even Anemones! I think this light is perfect for a small tank! Now if you had a really deep tank it might not penetrate deep enough but on 29g its perfect. I almost wish I got another smaller one for my ten gallon instead of a t5 fixture.

I'm getting good light penetration in my 90 gallon, although the par at the bottom of the tank is probably softie only. I'm still debating on putting halides/T5 on my 90 and returning the Marineland to the 50 when I get it back up and running. I'm really happy with the Marinelands too, and I would very much recommend them to anyone with a tank depth of 20 inches or less. At that depth you could keep anything you want to keep with these lights. I got the 4' fixture for $350.

Well, I'm sitting down to do my taxes this weekend! I'm already planning on how I'm going to modify my tank top to fit the light. I'm thinking about getting some clear acrylic lexan to attach to my egg crate to act as an extra splash guard for the light fixture. I worry about salt creep getting into the lights and shorting them. Your experience has definitely given me hope!

So it looks like I'll be picking up that same fixture you have next week sometime. How does it do for purple coralline?

Let's just say the sides and back are all purple now. Take a look for yourself. This was taken a couple days ago.

IMAG1928.jpg

Looks awesome! Totally going to order this soon!
just a heads up, i'll be placing my barely used marinland reef-ready fixture for sale next week if you want to wait and save a good hunk of change!

brittany, i like this tank so much. the coralline is intense, haha! man it would be fun to take a scraper to it and watch it peel off, haha. but it looks so great in your tank!

Thanks guys! I was actually thinking about that last night Marco. When I eventually upgrade ill have to scrape all that off! Lol should be a job in itself.

digging the tank it looks great! :bowdown: What fish do you have in there? I have a 29 as well:sfish: and im looking for ideas

Thanks! I have two occelaris clowns, a six line wrasse and a magenta pseudochromis. They all get along good. There was bullying but they have a pecking order now. And every now and them the pseudo and six line try to scare each other but never any attacking.

Looks amazing Brittany! I am so jealous. Sad new for the reef capable people out there like us though. I am no longer using mine. BUT! It's only because I won that 92 watt Innovative- Marine light that Marine Depot gave away.

Looks amazing Brittany! I am so jealous. Sad new for the reef capable people out there like us though. I am no longer using mine. BUT! It's only because I won that 92 watt Innovative- Marine light that Marine Depot gave away.

Yea it is a little irritating that people don't like to recommend using it. It's a very nice light that is capable for all different types of corals and Anemones. It's too bad. How is the innovative? Do you like it better?

I like the innovative but I dislike that the one I have is the 10k. I have noticed that my montis are growing a bit faster than with the marine land. And my birds best seems to be getting some more pink back. But I think that's water quality

As far as I understand, corals do best under 10K, anything higher than that is for us humans to look at the pretty colors it produces :D

Back