Beeguiles 29 gallon reef

Looks amazing Brittany! Sounds like fun watching the fish check out the new territory you gave them...
I just rinsed mine in freshwater and in they went, seemed to work out great, one rock really schmelled so I went at it with a toothbrush. My husbands'.
So, sounds like you did everything perfectly...

my clowns do the same, its my coral beauty that loves the rocks in my tank,,, oh and the new fire shrimp that i have seen maybe once since i bought him :(

Thanks Sarah..yea I had on old toothbrush also. All of my rocks were pretty clean. I basically just rinsed off the dust and what not. I think in may have to readjustment the green star polyp rock bc the Kenya trees keep brushing the green stars and the green stars won't open up all the way. Everything else looks good so far tho. Im playing around with my one powerhead also. With all the different rocks they block the flow so I gotta find a new spot for it.

So here's a few pics after I moved the Gsp and all the corals are open.
Let me know what you think! I am very pleased with the rock. I got more than I thought I would and i had my husband break a couple rocks into smaller peices so I could fit then in the tank. Lol would you guys add any more rock or does it look pretty good rock wise? Now that I added these rocks it doesn't look like I have a lot of corals! I guess ill be saving up my money for more coral. I'm thinking I want to try a couple hardy sps at the top in the new rockwork. Do I have to wait until the dry rocks becomes live rock before placing corals on it? My sea urchin also likes it I think. He must know that I didn't use epoxy bc he was trying to lift a rock up last night. That darn urchin makes me nervous. He better not cause a rock slide. I think they are stacked pretty strong though. Anyways I guess I'm just rambling on about my tank bc I have nothing better to do right now lol. :) Anywhoo. Let me know what y'all think!

IMAG1247.jpg

IMAG1238.jpg

IMAG1244.jpg

IMAG1242.jpg

looks good! and no need to wait to try out the SPS. I would suggest trying a digitata, they come in all sort of pretty colors and seem pretty hardy. I would also suggest trying to find a piece that has been fragged from a colony that has been in our tanks for awhile. The captive raised corals always seem to do much better than the wild collected colonies.

Thanks lilfish. I will deff check out digitata. I just have to wait to get the money for the coral lol. I dont get paid till next Friday. Would the coral off of liveaquaria be a good choice? I think they aquaculture some of their stuff.

I actually just looked on there and they didnt seem to have any in. Personally, i think they are kinda expensive plus shipping costs. Do you have a local reefing club? I think that would be the cheapest option for getting any coral, plus then you know its been living in our tanks for some time.

All I have here is the cny aquarium society I think its called. But idk if they do saltwater frag swaps or anything. There is abc reefs that does frag swaps every so often. But I don't have anything that I want to frag. I wonder if you can just buy frags from people there? I'll have to check it out.

Thanks Brian! :) I just looked on abcreefs.com little fish and they said their next frag swap date was is sopposed to be posted by 9/23. But its past that and theres no date...ill have to call and ask them when it is. I'll deff save my money up and buy me some frags there!

Just found out my local frag swap is gonna be on November 19th. Only 15-20 mins from my house. Yay I'm excited! And I've been to this store before and they have really nice stuff. Anyone in the Syracuse area should deff come check it out!

Thanks guys. I really like this light. I'm gonna put it to the test with an sps or two and see how that works. I'll start out with a beginner sps and move up from there if it goes well. Now that I have more rocks I will put the sps towards the top prlly.

Okay I finally have something to update on! I asked about keeping a rbta in another thread and the concensus was to wait as see how an sps does....well my husbands friend had a rbta and it spilt in half...and he brought one half to my house to surprise me. Sooo I now i have this nem a lot sooner than I thought I would. Today was my water change day so I did a water change with I aclimated him for a while. And placed him in a spot i thought he would like. I also Anemone proofed my powerheads with some mesh. All I had was the yellow mesh you get with your lemons as I wasn't ready for the nem yet. But I put the little guy in the tank and he only took a min or so to fully attach and bubble up! This little guy is a gem. Hasnt moved a bit so far. It's been about five hours he's been in there. I think he likes the spot i picked. I pt him where there was a small deep hole. I figured he would love to bury his foot in a hole or a crevice and if he does move there are plenty of crevices right need him to pick from. I told my husbands friend that my light might now be enough and if the nem doesn't seem happy then I'm gonna give him back to him. He was cool with it. Also he is placed in the upper half of the tank so I'm sure he is getting light. Here's a few pics. He's so cute and small compared to the maxi mini nem. Oh and i fed him a little food to see how he would take to it and he sucked some right in.

IMAG1284.jpg

IMAG1280.jpg

IMAG1279.jpg

IMAG1286.jpg

IMAG1285.jpg

Last edited:
Back