Beeguiles 29 gallon reef

The tank is look wonderful! Great colors! I've always liked the look of the maxi nem, but am a little cautious with anemones.
Personally, I'm going to vote to avoid putting in too much more live rock. in there - I think right now it looks open and natural - if you put more rock in there it might just get that rock wall effect. Again, looking great right now!

I like the rock wall effect...

Thanks parrot. I love my maxi mini nem. I started out with a bubble tip nem but soon after brought him back due to wandering. And I got the maxi and he has been amazing. Hasn't moved an inch or stung anything. I what you are saying with the negative space. I like both looks. I just think my tank is too...level looking right now. You know what I mean?

Sarah I like the Tonga branch also. I could prlly make a nice bridge out of that. Idk I just want it to look different. It doesn't look had now but it could look better in my eyes. Just like you said I wanna make it perfect for me lol.

I don't want a complete rock wall but I do want to stack rocks with spaces in between for the six line to swim thru. So that there is more rock and still spaces and swimming area fish fish I can use those spaces for future corals. Also I want more rock for a stronger biological filter. Kinda to compensate for my small protein skimmer. Thanks for all the input guys! I welcome everyone opinions.

So I think I am going to go with this kind of rock. Its appealing to me bc its very porous so it gives you the most volume by pound. Does that mean I get more rocks bc they are lighter? That's what I think it means lol. Hope i dont sound like an idiot now. Anyways. I like how it looks like you can fit it together like puzzle pieces bc of all the notches. Looks like I could also shove corals into it easily. What do you think. And its a good price. For ten lbs it gonna end up being around 47 bucks including shipping. I don't want to order too much rock and not have enough room for it all and I only have 50 bucks to spend right now. Let me know what you think!

BRS Pukani Dry Aquarium Eco Rock - English

That's pretty nice rock, Brittany. Before you order, though, you might want to consider reefrocks.net - they are super easy to work with and will even ask you what you are intending to do with the rock, and they can design it to shape. On my build thread you can see what they got me - I asked for pillars and boy did I get them!
I think you'd be happy with either rock, though!

Thanks parrot. I checked out reefrocks.net. they seem rlly good also. But I already have a bunch of rock ya kno so I only need a little more rock bc its a small tank. But I do have a 75g freshwater tank. If I ever decide to convert it to salt that site looks like the place to go. Thanks for telling me, I bookmarked it. :)

They will do smaller orders if you need it!

And how can you even HAVE a freshwater tank? It's so boring by comparison! I've thought a bunch of times, "man, I should have a little freshwater tank, too" - but then when I see them at the store, I'm just bored!

Britanny, that dry pukani is exactly what I got from BRS too, you'll love it. It's light, porous, lots of holes, easy to stack. I ordered 13 pounds of the pukani and got 6-7 really interesting pieces, like football sized.
You do end up with more since it's so light...

The middle stack is the pukani I just got from BRS, just to give you an idea...

Attachments

• tank set up 018.jpg
    tank set up 018.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 253
I like both freshwater and saltwater. I have a lot of very colorful freshwater fish. Here ill post a picture for you. Lol
IMAG0134.jpg

IMAG0153.jpg

IMAG0148.jpg

IMAG0208.jpg

Anywhooo lol Sarah your rocks look nice. I'm hoping they don't give me too big of pieces..if they do ill just break them smaller.

:bowdown:Brittany, absolutely beautiful tank. That looks wonderful!

While I admire yours, I still am a little standoffish with a freshwater tank. I spend more time in my saltwater tank looking at the corals and inverts than the fish! But it's been ages and ages since I've had one...maybe I'll try it out. Growing some plants would be fun.....

Yea I've had my freshwater forever and have some babys in there that I can't bare to give away or sell. Thanks btw :)

Update! I just bought 10 lbs of the pukani dry rock. It's standard shipping so should be here in a week or so. Wicked excited! I have the feeling my husband will like putting the rock together for me. I might chisel out some caves and what not in the rock also. Idk yet we will see when it gets here I guess! Yay! :) who gets this excited over rocks? Lol a fish geek!

Lol sir Alex. I prlly will eventually but id rlly love to set up an aggressive cichlid tank someday

gonna go ahead and save you the time, cichlids are a pain in the but.. constantly digging and moving, very aggressive towards each other and worste of all is the infamous malawi bloat, i bred demasonis, had about 35-45 fry and raised majority of them to 1.5" before they started killing each other off. couldnt upgrade tanks due to money and no one locally wanted to buy them. i almost donated some until i saw a guy at my LFS bag up a few with a lady who was also buying goldfish and platties, i knew they stood a better chance in my tank.. numbers thinned out to roughly 20-25 and then bam, over 2 days i lost all but 6 due to malawi bloat. I thought i would have liked the challenge of the cichlids and they were very active/ fun to watch but that grew old quick. i enjoy my saltwater much more and think after all the money and time ive spent into it, i will just upgrade to a bigger tank someday. If you set up a cichlid tank, i will gladly donate to you my left overs

Back