Beeguiles 29 gallon reef

Awesome fish Bee!! Long Nosed Hawkfish are so cool!! I am very interested to see how he does since I am thinking of getting one too.

Thanks burch! I had a longnose before this one and he did awesome. Had a great friendly personality, ate right away, very active. But...he jumped out unfortunately. So I got myself a new lid and got this new guy. So far he is sitting on the bottom of the tank. I've only seen him eat one peice of food. Not get active. I don't think he is unhealthy. Maybe its too early for him to show his true personality. Kinda bummed out. The other one took to me four away. This guy is boring so far. And his colors are more of a brownish rather than bright Orange...but ill give him a few more days. He could still be stressed out and getting used to things.

Update...not such a good one. I posted a thread asking about white stringy Poo coming from my new longnose hawkfish....well I called my lfs and said I'm bringing him back bc he hasn't eaten and the poop. Well this morning when I went to feed the fish he started convulsing and died...can't believe it had to happen when I was right there. I've never seen a fish die like that. It was disturbing...anyways. I brought him back to the store. And they gave me a $50 credit. I was gonna get a lawnmower blenny but the husband didn't like it. So I guess we are waiting for a blue spotted jawfish to come in...we had one before but it died for some mysterious reason..think it had a fungus problem bc its face stared to deteriorate..Yuck that was gross. I swear if I get another blue spot jawfish this one better be healthy and not die on me bc I loved my other jawfish. This will be my last fish addition. And also I'm going to a frag swap tomorrow! I cant wait! I have a few things I rlly want. Duncan coral, beginner sps coral, brightly colored zoas and maybe some acans. Any other cool corals I should get? I've never been to a frag swap so idk what to expect as far as frag pricing. Do you get good deals at these things? I don't want to be paying outrageous prices for frags.

So its been two or three weeks the rbta has been in my tank. Hasn't wandered at all. Is all puffy and sometimes bubbly. Readily accepts food but....its not as pink as before. Now its kind of a pale salmon color. Does it still look healthy to you guys? I'll give you a before and after pic. It has only deflated once to expel waste. Mouth is always tightly closed.

First day
IMAG1284.jpg

Present day
IMAG1399.jpg

And here is a picture of my hammer and frogspawn and my little mojo. I forgot to update on the clown aggression. It has subsided about 85%. The clown still notices the pseudo but he doesn't attack him now. Just kinda sternly shoo's him away. There is a bite out of the pseudos tail. That was from the first day, its growing back nicely though.
IMAG1389.jpg

Went to the frag swap today and came home with some nice prices for rlly great prices. I got a small acan colony, lord of the rings zoas, two duncan frags, an acropora and a green birdsnest. I also brought a colony of my zoas into my lfs and a big Kenya tree and they gave me store credit for them and I already had some store credit so I got a orange tree gorgonian for only ten bucks! And they were charging 100 bucks for it! What a steal! It's aclimmating right now. I'll post pics soon.

Maybe...maybe its still adjusting to the different type of light. Yea I had too much green also so I decided to mix it up a bit today. Although the duncans are green and green birdsnest Haha. That bright Orange throws in a huge splash of color though.

Thanks :) yea I need some blue too. I was looking for blue zoas but nobody had any bright blues, just pale ones. I want some tubs blues, those are pretty colorful. Those acans I got are awesome. My husband picked it out actually. Acro is doing some weird stringy thing. Prlly just acclimating. It's not near anything so I don't think its in attack mode. I would love a clam but I don't think my lights are bright enough :(

So glad you got a duncan! He'll grow fast for you. So fun to see them eat mysis shrimp.
Your tank is really amazing Brittany, love the tall orange piece and the tall yellow piece on the left. (I should know what these things are but you know what I mean :))

Back