Before I Buy Lights ......

sweet, thanks again for the help with the skimmer also!!!!!!!! and the light is OREDRED !!!!!! 1 to 2 business days !!!!! can't wait already !!!!

So The Light I Oredred Was In Ohio This Morning !! I Thought It Was Kinda Funny. 1 To 2 Days Shipping (lol) More Like 1 To 2 Weeks !!!!

Finally !!!!! They Will Be At My House When I Get Home From Work !!! Cant Freakin Wait To Check Them Out !! I'll Post Some Pics !!

yote... almost !!!! but no I didnt.
The light fixture is very nice. The ballast on the other hand is very BIG. I might have to put a shelf up just to hold the ballast, right now I have it on a small stand behind the tank. Definately going to take 2 people to hang the fixture. I think Sunday I will have it up. I will post photos then.

any reason why my light will just turn off. Then come back on ??? It has done it a couple times now and cant figure it out. I unplug it , wait about 15 minutes then plug it back in and it comes on . I really dont think it should do this ?????

should I maybe put a small fan near the ballast. It is in the open behind the tank on a small table. ?????

Ray- when it goes out next time give it a tap & see if it comes back on..... Could be a short or loose connection. You may have to get your meter out

Is it a magnetic ballast? Sounds like the capacitor might be going, and that can be replaced. If it's electronic, there is nothing you can do to it yourself. Once it shuts down, they do need 10-15 mins before they fire back up.

I'm Not Sure About The Ballast. It Came With The Hamilton 150w De Reefstar Light. It Doesn't Have Any Writing On It At All. All I Know Is That It Is Big And Black. I Did Give The Ballast A Little Bump But It Didnt Do Anything. I Did What Ccapt Said Unplugged It For About 20 Minutes Then It Fired Right Back Up .
Cravinmohead .... The Pics Are Up In My Build Thread !! Check Them Out.

Can you take it apart and look inside the box? If it's magnetic, you will see the capacitor. It's a small, maybe 2"x3", silver box with 2 wires on the top.

Back