Biffy Breeds Tomato Clowns

I hope you can find what is going to work for you! I want a Biff clown for my newest tank! I would even let you name it!!!

Well, the last batch of eggs hatched and are long gone. I don't think my rotifers made it. I'm going to have to order live cultures online... :(

This is the company that wrote the book I've got:

https://3kserver7.com/~frank/secure/agora.cgi?cart_id=1285536.6022*a01Xu6&product=LIVE_CULTURES

They've got a kit but I imagine you've already got all the stuff:

https://3kserver7.com/~frank/secure/agora.cgi

Evidently, the book says, that the roti's take 24-48 hours to hatch with continuous moderate light. After 48 hours your supposed to transfer them to a pint container and feed light green algae and an invertebrate food. If you overfeed they will slow down in their growth. Too much food and high salinity will cause the roti's to develop males which causes them to reproduce sexually instead of asexually. You want asexual reproduction because it causes higher and faster growth rates.

I have no idea if this is helping you or even if it is correct, it's what's in my book. I can't scan right now because my software is still crashed. I hope it helps?

Catherine

Evidently, the book says, that the roti's take 24-48 hours to hatch with continuous moderate light. After 48 hours your supposed to transfer them to a pint container and feed light green algae and an invertebrate food. If you overfeed they will slow down in their growth. Too much food and high salinity will cause the roti's to develop males which causes them to reproduce sexually instead of asexually. You want asexual reproduction because it causes higher and faster growth rates.

I kept them in a shallow little dish for the first 2 days, then transferred them to a soda bottle with some food. I think I may have overfed them. It is really hard to find a good balance with the feeding when you can't even see the animals you're trying to grow! My clowns laid new eggs last night, so I am going to order some live rotifers tonight and try those. Getting them from egg stage is proving to be tricky!

Biffy where the heck are you anyways. You weren't on at all last night. :(

I know, what's up with that?! I went out to dinner (India Oven) with NDB and then we came home and watched a movie (Mr. Brooks). Sometimes I try to give him "his own time" instead of making him share me with the computer!

Probably due to hatch Monday. These ones won't make it, because my rotifers won't be shipped until Tuesday. Another one bites the dust!

Back