BL1's 75g upgrade

Thanks guys! I picked up a new ducan today not bad it's got 24+ heads and my LFS sold it to me for $30. I think it was a pretty good price

NewDuncans.jpg

Just saw your scrubber pics..Impressive..I'm glad people are finally jumping on the scrubber bandwagon that I've been screaming about for a year...

Those Duncans are great...One of my favorite corals...Unfortunately I sold mine to a local reefer before I moved...I sold mine for double what you paid, and it only had about 12 heads on it. So you did great...feed those suckers and they'll grow really well for you.

Great pics as always Brian...and i'm happy to say i'm in the scrubber club now too(thanks to PRC:D).....that is very impressive to say the least ........tank looks great:Cheers:...pictures are worth 1000 words

I don't understand how you guys get such deals on corals? Please I'm serious. Those Duncan at my LFS would have been over $150. What's the secret?

Thanks everyone! I really do think I was lucky finding my LFS, he was a hobbyist 15 or so years ago and got fed up paying ridiculous prices so he opened his own store. He does have really great prices on everything. Lucky for me his camera broke last week so I went and took pictures of all his new livestock (and got hooked up for it). So there should be more pictures tonight if everything has opened up by then.

Yea thats awesome on the Duncans. I absolutley love those things but they tend to be pretty expensive. In terms of the Algea scrubber that is amazing, I am currently working a smaller tank build 20g maybe 30 but after seeing your success i will likely try to incorporate a small scrubber into my system in hopes of avoiding some algae blooms. Great work! Great tank!

I am currently working a smaller tank build 20g maybe 30 but after seeing your success i will likely try to incorporate a small scrubber into my system in hopes of avoiding some algae blooms. Great work! Great tank!

Thanks Kevbot, I'm currently working on a scrubber for a nano tank. Unfortunately, my design has hit somewhat of a wall but once it's finished I'll update my DIY thread with the completed pics.

Quick update everyone

I've added about 40-50 pounds of live/dry rock and changed up the rock scape. So far the fish all seem to be happier with the new setup, they're constantly exploring all the caves. I am going through another HA outbreak because of my next update.

About two weeks ago, I took down the algae scrubber. Lately it's just been too much trouble. I haven't been able to get it working without squirting water all over the place. Because of this, the whole sump setup is changing again. I bought a new skimmer today, I'll be adding a BRS GFO reactor. I added some Chondria macro and I'll be adding chaeto when I can find some.

Here's a new FTS with the new rocks:

15MayFTS.jpg

Back