Bobby's tank build.

Thanks for the compliment guys. I happy with how it's turning out, just not with the gun I was using. Man my hands and back are very sore still from bending over holding the gun and then swinging that big ol hammer as hard as I could every 10 inches.

HA I know I don't know what I would have done. It slipped right out and my first thought was the tank right behind me and as I turned I seen it going right passed it.

I know what your going through. We jut did our upstairs floors over the summmer. We did it all by hand no gun. Took about 3 days a room. I still want to do the entry way but it'll have to wait till summer. But when it's all finished it give you a very special feeling. I love doing home improvement projects. Floor is looking real good. Your one lucky person to miss the tank. That was the reason I didn't want to use a gun. I was afraid of flying nails. Keep us posted with updates.

You guys hand nailed every nail. I bow down to you.LOL thats alot of work. With this gun there is no chance of flying nails because the way it's set up, but you do have to swing that big hammer. The hammer is like a mini sledge hammer alittle big and heavy after awhile it feels like it weighs more and more.LOL

We hammered several boxes. The only thing I had problems with were my knees. Believe me when it was finished I said never again. But the entry way is yelling my turn. My floors turned out a lot nicer then the neighbors whom had theirs done. Can't wait to see the finished floors.

Well thanks to my friend here red. I was able to finish the floor and I think it turned out great. The rental place finally finished fixing the gun and everything went alot smoother.
Heres a pic of my friend red.LOL
mypictures198.jpg
[/IMG]
Oh yeah thats right the biggest dang red bull you ever saw. That a limited edition 16.9 oz Bull

Heres the finished floor.
mypictures191.jpg
[/IMG]

Not to brag to much.LOL But look were the wood meets and the gap from that to the vent. Perfectly even amout all the way down.LOL
mypictures192.jpg
[/IMG]

Heres the dinning room put back together. See how the wall goes in behind the table. Well thats were I'm going to build an in wall hutch with glass shelves on the sides and resessed lighting about the shelves and the fishtank built in in the middle. I'm planning on making cabinets for the bottom and real stone and glass tiles for the countertop. I'm very excited about it, but it will take a while to build since this build will probably cost alot.

mypictures196.jpg
[/IMG]

P.S. Biff heres your handy man you said you wanted. I've been working on the Bob Villa look too, and it's all for you.LOL Just give me a little longer and the whole beard will come in.
mypictures197.jpg
[/IMG]
Baachitybaba

Last edited:
Biff heres your handy man you said you wanted. I've been working on the Bob Villa look too, and it's all for you.LOL Just give me a little longer and the whole beard will come in. Baachitybaba

Cool! Want to come over and work on my AC and hot water heater?

The floor looks fantastic, I can't believe you did that all yourself. Oh, I mean, you and Red. Good job.

Thanks. Yeah I'll come over! Actually I'm already there. In back. What? No I'm not a stalker, just a friendly guy.LOL

Just so I could keep you still long enough to talk to you, or wait I need them to work on your AC.

Soon I hope. I'm going to go get the lumber as soon as I get a chance and start the cabinets, then I'll go from there. I will post as soon as I get some more progress done. Thanks for the compliment. I'm still trying to figure the wood I want to use. Either pine or red oak and then if I'm going to use plywood for the fronts or join the wood together myself.

Ok sorry it took soo long for an update, but I kept changing the design and then I got it figured out. I went out and bought the lumber for the middle part were the tank will be and before I could star I got pretty sick and just started getting over that yesterday. Anyway the out side will be solid red oad and the inards will be sanded plywood. So far what I have done is joined the red oak together using a dowel set. Heres a pic of the front joined.
mypictures271.jpg
[/IMG]
Your probably thinking what in the hell, if you have never seen how cabinets are put together, but these will be exactly the same as my hitchen cabinets. The reason there is no center bar is because that will be attached to the doors so I have alot of room to get in and out with a sump and skimmer ans such. Here is what they will look like except the door will be different and the top drawer will be fake.
mypictures268.jpg
[/IMG]
Heres how the door will open with the center bar attached.
mypictures269.jpg
[/IMG]

This will be the side of the cabinet.
mypictures274.jpg
[/IMG]
And this will be the inside bottom and the outside side that shows only. Then it will all be stained to match.
mypictures273.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm hoping to have this cabinet built today, but most likely will happen later because I think my wife has alot of plans for me today, if so then I'll finish it next moday.

Thanks Yote, but I aint that good yet. This is the first time I have ever joined wood before and had a couple problems, but it all worked out pretty good. I just got the 2X2 top up were the 3/4 inch ply countertop will be screwed down and the sides up. I just have to put the bottom inside wood on so I can put the cabinet bottom on that. I would have done it like a normal cabinet bottom but I will have a sump and maybe a fuge so I want it built for extra weight. I may be able to have it all finished tomarrow. I hope.

Ok so I finally finished one cabinet minus the drawer doors and counter top. Two more cabinets to go, all the counter tops, the tower around the tank going up, the glass shelves, the top wood and then finnaly ressed lights.LOL
Well heres some pics as I went. The color is turning out alot darker than I hoped for but not too bad.
mypictures280.jpg
[/IMG]
mypictures283.jpg
[/IMG]
mypictures285.jpg
[/IMG]
mypictures286.jpg
[/IMG]

I have already got on this thing and bounced around and it aint moving.LOL I'm 160 and the tank with water should be around 200 or a little more so I think it will be good to go.

Back