Bobby's tank build.

Here is a front a view or the right side. You can't see the tube in it. So hopfuly it will look like the blenny is coming out of nowere.LOL
mypictures288.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm not super crazy about the color of the foam, but once it get covered in coraline it will look just like the rock work.....I hope. And from what I have read the foam attracts coraline like plastic does, so it should get covered fast.

Also on this tank I'm running a 10 gal sump with a CSS125 and plan to add a 5 gal fug in the cabinet to the left and run it to the sump. I might goahead and do a 10 fuge not sure yet.

Is that foam saltwater safe?
I never seen foam used before.If it works out,it sure will eventually look natural.

P.S.fix the date on your camera.

HAHA Yeah I fixed it once then left the batteries out for too long and havn't fixed it since. Yes the foam is 100% saltwater safe. I have seen it used many times in reef tanks, just never with plumbing behind it. Check out reefcentral you will find alot of nuild with the foam, and in every build the foam looks just like rock once the coraline covers it.

I have also seen people sprinkle arogonite sand on the foam before it dries. It gives it a natural looking texture, especially when it's covered in coraline.

I thought of that and tried, but it was too late. The inside was very soft but the out side was too hard for the sand to stick. I wish I would have thought of it earlier.

Thanks! I hope it hold up over time. This stuff is sooo boyant and the only thing that worries me is over time the silicone will release. It should be fine on the right side though.

My LFS does custom foaming for tank backs... They use a gray foam too, and once it gets covered in coralline it looks just like rockwork.

I've not seen of that foam.But I guess it would be cheaper than rock and keep the weight stress on the tank down.

I havn't seen that foam. I would rather have went with black instead of the tan. It's also called great stuff and Home Depot and Lowels has it for 4.00 a can. I think all foams work. The one I got was great stuff, and the black pond foam is also good.

I've not seen of that foam.But I guess it would be cheaper than rock and keep the weight stress on the tank down.

Yeah it is alot cheaper, but it wont work as live rock, because it is not pourus. It just gives the looks of it. I liked it just to cover up the overflow then thought of adding tubbing and covering that up as well.

Lovin' that avatar! Glad your using it !
You wouldn't believe the smile that put on my face when i saw it,

I have read several threads on RC that all say that the foam comes undone after a while unless there is enough of it to hold it's self in place.
meaning the whole back glass,

What a local reefer friend of mine did was glue eggcrate to the back glass, then foam over the eggcrate. The eggcrate keeps it in place and keeps it from detaching, and you don't see the eggcrate since it's covered in foam.

Back