Bobby's tank build.

nice bobby, Of course i was there to help........ wait no im not the red you were talkin about it was your redbull! glad to hear your feelin better

awesome work there bobby! wish I had better carpentry skills. I could bang something together that is strong, It just wouldn't look near that pretty.

Ok here are some new pics. I bought all the doors and drawer front and redid the wood on the outside to match the stain on the doors and drawer front. I don't mean to toot my horn, but I think it turned out profetional grade. What do you honestly think? The only thing left for that cabinet is hook up the GFCI socket in the cabinet.

BTW the tank is up and running. I'm going to go ahead and get the cycle out of the way so that when I'm all done I can go ahead and start filling it up.

mypictures300.jpg
[/IMG]

mypictures297.jpg
[/IMG]

mypictures298.jpg
[/IMG]

Yeah doc I thought it was a little too high but after I drill the hole in the pump line so I wont have a return siphon I will test to see if it over fills. If it does then I take it out and cut the glass alittle shorter. Thanks for the comment though. I'm hoping you guys will catch anything that I miss.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. Since I got the main cabinet done I should be able to finish the rest soon, just depends on time though.

you have a talent for this work, no doubt about it. If you love it, you should take up your trade at a LFS and work out some deal for custom tank stands and sumps

-Doc

HA....guess you don't mean :pooh: there reef. But, if it makes any difference, I still like you. and it means a lot to me when you degrade me....:bounce:

-Doc

Well I guess it's time for another update, and some info on the tank.

I have the second cabinet nearly completed.
mypictures287.jpg
[/IMG]

The tank is actually a 29 gal not a 25. I came up with an idea that I have never seen done before so I hope it holds and works out good. What the idea is, is I siliconed 1" plumbing parts to the back of the tank and covered them in foam so it would be like hidden caves in the foam/rock. Here are a few pics

This is when I first did it and I think it looked better but the bottom half didn't hold well so I removed it.
mypictures289.jpg
[/IMG]

Here are new pics that I just took.

Right side of tank with the overflow and a 6 inch piece of 1" pipe covered in foam.
mypictures290.jpg
[/IMG]

Left side of tank with a 1" elbow covered.

mypictures289-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Back