Broken in shipping...

Bebop

Reefing newb
I bought an LED Retrofit kit for my Biocube. It came in the mail today, but one of the parts was damaged (the fan inside the power supply had a blade broken off).

I already contacted the guy who sold it to me, he's filing a claim with USPS since it was insured and they quality control everything as it's shipped. I have pictures of the broken piece, which I sent to him.

What else should I do? I bought it with a credit card, so I can call them up and get the charge refunded but I'd rather not do that until after I see if the seller can work things out (I've been on the receiving end of Credit Card douchbaggery and it sucks).

I would see what the seller can do.

Maybe ship a new fan for free. Or if it is a standard 12v PC fan, knock some money off and you can replace it yourself.

I am, I'll give him a week or two to show some progress before I pull out the big guns, I just like having a plan-b.

The broken piece came from inside the power supply, it's a thinner fan than your standard computer fan and I really don't want to go fiddling around in the power unit.

It's only one blade and I doubt it will make much of a difference in the short run, but it could shorten the life of the unit.

Plus, the idea that something I spent hundreds on arrived broken ticks me off.

I would give the seller a chance to correct the issue. With insurance from the carrier my guess is it will take some time to get the issue resolved. That being said, if his customer service is top notch, he would send you a new unit right away, and then work on collecting from the carrier - keep us posted and let us know how this turns out

With Nantuners now defunct, I am sure that those with nano tanks would like a source for a LED retrofit. I know that if I set up a cube in the future, I will definitely convert it to LED

Back