Check it out I made the moon light from Johns link.

bobby

I like to do bad things.
I just made the moonlights from Johns link.
It was very easy and looks good so far.
I picked up 12 volt LEDs form radio shack instead
of 4.5 volt like in the link and hooked them up to a
12volt power wheels charger then drilled holes in my
canopy and seperated them instead of having them
together. Here is a pic of them installed and I'll get
more at night. I very much recomend this DIY to anyone
who wants moonlights. Heres a pic of 3 in my canopy.
Picture176.jpg
[/IMG]

Oh yea my leds were different they have a nut
and you drill a hole and screw the nut to tighten.
Heres a pic of one.
Picture172.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks I thought it turned out pretty good. You know they did sell flashing LEDs at radio shack. LOL

I will! I cant wait till darl to test them. The only thing is these lights have a plastic cover and I dont know if they will have enough light, we'll see though.

Well I just turn the lights off and you can see the red light but very faintly I couldnt get a pic because they wernt bright enough. I'll add more tomarrow and see how they work if they dont I'll use the other leds I bought they dont have the cover over them so they should be brighter.

With those red leds,every little eye in your tank is look like little super bright red stars at night.Looks awesome Bud.

Thanks. Well after it got darker you can deffently see the lights, but its still not bright enough for me. Tomarrow I'll add two more and that should deffently do it.

Great job Bobby,
I was thinking using outdoor Christmas lights along the back rim.I dunno,what do you think.....it could work.,I think:?:

Last edited:
I think it could work. I have read of poeple doing it. This is a very easy project maybe you could give it a try.

Back