Contest Alexander

Well i did a water change today (5 gallons) and am pleased to report that before water change my tests came out at 0 for ammonia nitrate and nitrite and ph was 8.0 if only i could afford some livestock!

if only i could afford some livestock!

I hear ya! I'm wondering how I'm going to win this contest if I can't afford to stock the damn thing!! One of my fellow local reefers gave me a tip about an Ebay seller that he says is dirt cheap but has awesome stuff. I checked his Ebay store out -- his livestock is half the price of any website vendor I've ever seen. I think I'm gonna end up trying it out.

What are your plans for stocking anyways? Do you want to stick with "common" fish or try for some more of the rare ones? My LFS was selling one of these guys, and it was IMPRESSIVE looking. The price was a little too steep for me though!!

Buy Arabian Pseudochromis Online | Vivid Aquariums

I have plans for 1 fish. dont think ill get more than that. other than that i think ill be doing mostly lps, ans possibly try a sps high up and in super good flow. we shall see. I am really excited for the corals on this tank.

got my replacement bulb for the actenic. also got some new corals today! a plate coral, ricordea, and a "potato chip coral" some type of sps. not know exactly what. if someone could help me with this that would be grand!

platecoral.jpg

potatochipcoral.jpg

ricordea2.jpg

ricordea1.jpg

fts930.jpg

Its a good start. im just happy I have something in there now!

IMO keep rocking that. You have it, it looks great and for a ten gallon tank 120w of PC is still rocking. The mod at the RC nano section swears by the 96w Powerquad setups. He recommends them to anyone who can find one.

Trade off the Nova Exteme for higher power lights for the 180 ;)

That is one sweet ass looking ricordea! I loooooove two-toned ones.
Thanks biff. I saw this rock with like 10 of them and was sad because it was NOT for sale. and they said they had a couple single ones of the same one left so I immediately said hook me up!

lets hope I have better luck with plate corals than you! ;)

How much did you pay for that ric if you don't mind me asking? At my LFS they are selling the plain ol' single-colored polyps for $25 apiece.

Back