Contest Bobby

OMG I didn't think a month had gone by yet. Sorry here's a pic of when I added the T5. I have since sold it and went back to swirly bulbs as the t5 to me sucked.
xxxstars007.jpg

Damn, late again. Here is another really bad pic. I can't find the batteries to my cam so this is a phone pic. I have bought a new 2x18 watt nova, but this time it has the individual reflectors and there is a night and day difference. I love this light! I have also removed some coral, but will replace them with different ones. I also got rid of the maroon to a bigger home and will replace it with a clown goby.

Tanks is doing pretty good so far, but is no where near winible at this point.
0115102048.jpg

Oh, yeah, I also added a small HOB filter and will fill it with cheato and I removed the skimmer. The skimmer was doing a great job for this tank, but wanted to try cheato and waterchanges instead.

The only corals I have left are the giant paly, candy apple pinks, unknown zoas, purple shroom, watermelon shrooms, a few kryptonites, a few yellow zoas that never open, big bang paly and PD's.

The PDs have grown a few polyps, the single purple shroom turned into 3 shrooms, and the big bang paly has turned into 2. Everything is doing great, but I need a lot more coral in there and better aquascaping to win this.LOL

Okay. I found my battery and got some better pics of the coral. I gutted the nova out and made it a retro in the canopy. This is a great light, but the only down side to it is with the legs open all the way it doesn't reach the outside of the trim but rests on the inner lip, and did'nt want to risk my kids knocking it in and getting hurt. Ended up making half my money back by selling the case so worked out great.

Picture008.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Also as you can tell I'm fighting a small battle with HA, but this is like no HA I have seen. It's on things but not really attached to anything. I can blow most of it of the rocks and glass with a power head. The rock is starting to color up quite nicely. It was white base rock with no other color. Some of it still is white, but some are coming in great. Here's a shot of the rock.
Picture012.jpg

LOL I was reading it and was thinking I don't see a smiley or detect hints of sarcasm. I thought he seems serious, then I went back to the pic and waas think he's been in this too long he's got to be pulling my leg.

HAHA You had me confused there for a while. Yup it's GSP in the pic it's upside down and the edges are somewhat curled over.

yeah i dunno.... I definitely have been in too long to not know what it is. Not sure what was up with me the first time I looked. I was probably fighting off sleep posting like I usually do before bed

Well I was going to add a clown goby, but I just sold my 40B so I had to move the paired ocellaris to the 20 and my black to the 10. Too bad to because my LFS has any color clown goby for 7.99. All well here are some picks of the lone fish.

Picture017.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture018.jpg

That's only one fish. Just lots of pics of one fish.LOL

I did have another in my 20 I bought a month ago that I was trying to pair with it, but vanished one day. Only thing I can come up with is it jumped out and the cat ate it. Thought about getting another, but at 40 a pop I didn't want to risk it again.

Back