Contest Ted

very nice, the wife and i have a list of things that we would do if we ever get to build our lottery house.

but anyway, back to the contest, so, hows your 10g comming?

no I havent given up. The tank is doing good havent added anything so nothing to really take pictures of. Went to the lfs to see what they had and wasnt impressed with anything there. At least not in my price range. $20 bucks for a zoah that is so small I would need a magnifying glass to see it just doesnt seem fair. Oh well guess I will need to do some internet shopping.

ok got my first coral.:bounce: These are the first corals ever for me so I am excited.:^: the first shots are when they first went in. Next are about a hour after when they started to open.

Attachments

• DSC00164.jpeg
    DSC00164.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 269
  • DSC00165.jpeg
    DSC00165.jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 262
  • DSC00170.jpeg
    DSC00170.jpeg
    25.6 KB · Views: 267
  • DSC00171.jpeg
    DSC00171.jpeg
    24.2 KB · Views: 259
Nice looking Zoas ted:Cheers:
I wish the LFS around here carried more colorful ones. Most of the time you see the standard brown and green ones. Sometimes you see yellow ones.

well I was wanting more colorful ones then these but they didnt have any. :grumble: I still plan on ordering some of the net just cant do it this week.

Those are beautiful zoas! Are they really blue? Blue ones are usually quite rare and expensive, so good choice.
hmm so i did good huh. They are blue, to be honest I had no idea what I was buying. I had the guy at the store help me pick them out we have been talking alot. The bigger one was $19.99 the smaller was $14.99

hmm I have been looking at the internet coral sellers and most have very ugly looking zoas. Guess I did get lucky this lfs that is close to the house specializes in corals so I have been looking at the blue one all this time thinking they where just normal. :bounce: Its a good day I got corals finally and I didnt get screwed. :^:

very nice stuff there I have them bookmarked now. Of course I like the $80 and $99 ones:grumble:

They have new stuff 2-3 times a week and usually it's under $20.
Pretty reasonable, but of course you have to get enough to get free shipping.

good point. My nano has a 40 watt pc light. They might look good in my main tank though. Its a 150 watt 15k mh with 2 14 watt t-5 actinic I was thinking of more then just zoas in the main tank though. I guess I should really have more of a game plan on this nano build. I have no idea what all I am gonna put in there. Was thinking zoas and shrooms However all the others are going with much more advanced corals then that.

Thanks I was just getting this feeling like I had next to no shot at winning this thing. With the sps they keep talking about. Still a slim hope but I like to compete. :D

Back