Cool hitchikers on live rock, received today,

Generally, cucs are reef safe. The problem is that some cucs (from certain areas) are potentially toxic if they were to die in your tank. I know the ones I get from the gulf are safe, but i'm not sure about Indonesia. That's what you need to find out.

I have several gorilla crabs that came with my live rock years ago and couldnt bring myself to kill them.

They have never done anything despite people always saying they are not reef safe so I am not sure what the fuss is all about.

Mine come out when I feed and grab bits that the fish miss. I have no issues

I have several gorilla crabs that came with my live rock years ago and couldnt bring myself to kill them.

They have never done anything despite people always saying they are not reef safe so I am not sure what the fuss is all about.

Mine come out when I feed and grab bits that the fish miss. I have no issues

FIIINALLY ... THANK YOU! :) Crab lives... But if I see that worm again, he is f... :)

I've had big ones go after fish and anything else that may be vulnerable or weak. They can get pretty nasty. And they are strong as hellll! Get in a tug of war fight with one and it will grab hold of rock so tight you will likely rip the thing in half before it will let go. That's been my experience, anyway.

the cucumber looks like a variation of sea hare, i actually had one that looked almost exactly like that, he has since disappeared but nothing has died off because of it

I've had big ones go after fish and anything else that may be vulnerable or weak. They can get pretty nasty. And they are strong as hellll! Get in a tug of war fight with one and it will grab hold of rock so tight you will likely rip the thing in half before it will let go. That's been my experience, anyway.

When he will get bigger, and will try to eat fish, I can just boil him or put him in a separate tank... (i have one spare)... meanwhile, let him enjoy his inprisoned life, we call reef aquarium :)

Back