~Crystal & James 29g w/15g sump~

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUg7aft_Y1E"][/ame]Made a video of our tank running! Would be so much better with fishies & music though!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUg7aft_Y1E[/ame]

Thank you... but you've been at it for a couple years, yours has to be good!

Update:
Only issue we're having is our check valve isn't closing. When we turn everything off and the water drains back into the sump.. it just keeps going! My bf took the plumbing off the back, blew into the pipe and I guess cleared it.. but when he hooked it back up it's still doing the same thing.

He did have to cut the teeth down a little more on on overflow..which got acrylic in the tank, but I'm not sure if it had anything to do with stopping the check valve up.

Has anyone had this issue.. or have any thoughts as to what could be the problem?

could be a bad valve. only thing i could think of.

Yeah.. could be. He's talking about just sticking a threaded elbow into our bulkhead inside the tank. I think our hole is drilled too low.. this will fix the problem, but it renders the check valve useless. ;)

whatever you do, constantly check the water levels when the power is off so you know it wont flood when you actually are away from home.

That is a great place to order fish and inverts online from. I would look someplace else for corals personally, just due to prices and options, and live rocks as well. It would be cheaper to get dry rock from places like marcorocks.com and then get just a few lbs of live rock locally.

When you order live rock online it ends up being mostly dead when it reaches your house, and you have to recure it which is a very stinky process. Plus paying for shipping is quite expensive.

That is a great place to order fish and inverts online from. I would look someplace else for corals personally, just due to prices and options, and live rocks as well. It would be cheaper to get dry rock from places like marcorocks.com and then get just a few lbs of live rock locally.

When you order live rock online it ends up being mostly dead when it reaches your house, and you have to recure it which is a very stinky process. Plus paying for shipping is quite expensive.

Our saltwater store sells fiji rock for 6.50/lb ..it'd be $160 ..I just figured $132 w/ shipping included from LiveAquaria sounded good!

Okay I found.. http://www.marcorocks.com/25poundboxkeylargonanosizesnewfrommarcorocksnowprecuredfreeshippinginthecontientialus.aspx which is $62 ..we could get 10lbs of live rock at our store for $65 and that'd be $127.....sounds even better! We'll also be turning our dead/plain sand live too :D

Last edited:
Waiting on our DIY rock to cure.. still lots of film in the water, but it's only been a week.

Did DIY light hangers tonight :) Will be painting them black tomorrow and hanging our light. We used conduit straight pipe w/ 2 curved pieces & connectors, chain & hooks.

Sorta like this..
Aquarium-Light-Hanging-Mount-Hook.jpg

Back