Custom Stand?

Would you pay for a custom stand?

• Yes

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I would like one, but I can't afford it.

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rcpilot

Reef enthusiast
Would you pay for a custom built wood stand?

I'm not talking about something your average Joe could build. Not a few 2x4's and some stain. I'm talking about a custom cabinet/stand built by a professional trim carpenter?

Here is a link to the website. This guy is my good friend of over 10yrs. His name is Cody and he's a professional trim carpenter that specializes in cabinets and built-in displays.

Table Mountain TrimWorks

We would take custom measurements to your specs. and build the stand to suit. Sorta like Melevsreef--he takes custom orders for acrylic tanks and refugiums.

Let me know if interested.

I personally wouldnt pay for it, just cause if i were to get off my lazy keister, i could build anything i wanted to. but for someone who either dosent have the time, or the skills/tools, it might be a great idea.

I have no talent in stand building.... I have to buy. lol

There's a couple guys in KC who do stand building, and they do quite well. I'd give custom stand building a shot.

I would and I have in the past. This time i built my own, and it was fun, but its no where near as nice as a pro.

For anyone interested, just provide me with some dimensions and an idea how you want the stand finished. Got a picture of a stand you like, but don't quite like how it's finished? Don't like the door hardware? It's perfect, but too short? No shelves inside? Too many shelves inside? You want it pre-wired with a fused electrical panel....... so you can just plug into GFCI outlets?

Let me know. We'll come up with a quote and see if we can provide something in your price range.

There's all kinds of different wood to be used. A simple pine frame with oak veneers, or a solid red wood stand with nothing but a clear water proofer, or a solid oak stand with full stain and finish........... this guy can build anything and I can help him because I'm the one that knows the aquarium hobby.

Back