d2mini's Epic Fantabulous New Reef Build

MORE PROGRESS!
More money, and MANY more hours in the garage... 'tank" god I have a patient wife. :bowdown:

Plumbing is done! Tank is filled! System is running! :^:
Well, for small periods at a time.
My Reeflo Barracuda return pump is mega powerful. Running only the tank, the output valve is closed down to probably 25% at the most. Once I get the chiller plumbed in, that will let me open it to around 50%. And then once I start up the reactors, that will use up a little more. But I still may need to downgrade the pump.

Anyhoo... here's some pics!

7482900200_15ca80608e_o.jpg

7482900036_d9f9d7cdfe_o.jpg

7482899932_bbbcd8f9f7_o.jpg

7482724044_8f2068cea1_o.jpg

7482724640_4495480e4b_o.jpg

7482724268_d2c26332db_o.jpg

Oh my sweet baby jesus...

I need a minute.

Dang people its just a damn plumbing job hahaha he said plumbing job.

Just playin but I have never heard so many people squirt in one thread.

I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!!

Dang people its just a damn plumbing job hahaha he said plumbing job.

Just playin but I have never heard so many people squirt in one thread.

I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!!

It's DENNIS' plumbing. That's not just plumbing. That's something special.

Now stop distracting me.

Speaking of plumbing, i upgraded the nozzle head on my Red Dragon skimmer pump to the new adjustable kind last night. Woot! :)

7512027334_2344947945_z.jpg

Got a bunch of little things worked on this weekend.

• 4 extra GFCI outlets installed by electrician yesterday, each on their own circuit.
• Next he'll be adding a switch mounted to my shelving to turn my saltwater mixing pump on and off so I don't have to plug/unplug it every time.
• I installed the large bathroom exhaust fan in the ceiling over the sump. Just needs to be wired up.
• Worked on water lines that will be used for my ATO and Auto Water Change setups.
• Got two 9 foot long aluminum bar stock last week, cut a channel in them, painted them black this weekend, and will be mounting my Radions to them and then hanging it all as one unit. The channel will let me make side to side adjustments of each individual Radion. It's not the prettiest, but it will do for temporary use until i get my cabinetry built and do something a bit more permanent inside the hood.

I'll get pics of everything as I finish. :)

For your auto water change. Is this water mixed auto or you add mixed saltwater to the dispenser tank.

Love to see a diagram on the set up.

I drop the RO water from the top tank to the bottom tank, and then throw salt in there. Now there's ~60 gallons of saltwater that lasts... well around two weeks on the old tank. A little shorter on this one. Have to decide how much water to change over the course of a week.

Is it important to stick to at least the normal or minimal 20% over the 2 weeks and then caculate the amount to pump in and out.

Do you also check the tanks waterline everyday if possible to ensure it is balanced.

Seems pretty simple I guess but does the shape of the tanks makes the mixing take longer as say a round can swirling around. Prolly need a strong pump for it huh?

Is it important to stick to at least the normal or minimal 20% over the 2 weeks and then caculate the amount to pump in and out.
I stick to around 15-20% divided by 7 to get a daily amount.

Do you also check the tanks waterline everyday if possible to ensure it is balanced.
No, the water line stays the same because of the ATO.
What I check every few days is salinity. But my new controller has a conductivity probe so it will send me an alarm if it sways one way or the other too much. But if set up correctly with a quality peristaltic doser where you are telling it exactly how many ounces, it shouldn't sway. And if it does it will take a long time to shift.

Seems pretty simple I guess but does the shape of the tanks makes the mixing take longer as say a round can swirling around. Prolly need a strong pump for it huh?
My pump pulls water out the bottom and sends it back in the top. No issues.

Back