d2mini's Epic Fantabulous New Reef Build

Dennis, Is there a thread anywhere on your office nano? I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of it as well!
There is, probably a few pages back. I haven't updated it since it crashed due to power loss, but its back and doing real well.

Tank is coming along. Started aquascaping but still waiting for Part II from TBS with some more rock and other cool stuff. Isaac is screwing things up in the gulf. Grrrrrrr...
Mangroves are growing roots but no leaves yet.
Also picked up a few corals from the old tank and my blue chromis.

7884033520_383d71f501_o.jpg

7884033276_946bb1c5fd_o.jpg

7884033050_875dbe2124_o.jpg

7884032876_e09e19dbb5_o.jpg

I say it look fine as is, no more rocks needed. Throw them in the sump. You know I like the little island look so it looks cool.

I love the left side how it sits by itself, I hope it stays that way grrrrrrrr.....:grumble:

Yup, right now it's three separate islands and the middle one has a nice roomy arch. And it will stay that way. But due to the long term plans of building cabinetry around the tank, I will add a little more rock to the two end islands, especially in the rear corners. Half the sides of my tank will be covered by the cabinetry. :)

Yup, right now it's three separate islands and the middle one has a nice roomy arch. And it will stay that way. But due to the long term plans of building cabinetry around the tank, I will add a little more rock to the two end islands, especially in the rear corners. Half the sides of my tank will be covered by the cabinetry. :smile:

YAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! WOOOHOOOOOO I love Islands and mini trenches.

Next tank will be 2 islands and a Pac-Man lagoon/trenchy area in the center like the one the show in the beginning(sort of) of finding Nemo. Goota have a cul-de-sac in the middle for fish wars.

Now if what you say is true I will like the tank for sure heehee. I was actually chatting with Bulk Reef(Brandon) the other day and was pimping your thread. We were talking about my tank and we were talking about the bridge because he thought it was one piece. So I was telling him how I made it and blah blah so I mentioned where the rocks came from and thought of your new rocks so that is how.

By the way I have to thank you for pushing me in a way to get the auto-shut off on the auto-fill. It has saved me 3 times already including an all nighter 2 nights ago.:frustrat:

This would have been me without it so take you pick. :umbrella::chair::surfing::dunno:>|<

Looks great! You're maxi mini nem looks just like mine!
Well darn. Now there is no reason for me to ask you to "show me yours, I've showed you mine". :evil!?!?: :lol:

By the way I have to thank you for pushing me in a way to get the auto-shut off on the auto-fill. It has saved me 3 times already including an all nighter 2 nights ago.:frustrat:

This would have been me without it so take you pick. :umbrella::chair::surfing::dunno:>|<
I told you! lol
If there is no fail-safe in place, it WILL fail. Trust me, I know.
Glad you got it set up right.

I believe, sir, that you need to officially change your signature, as you no longer have a 130g starfire cube.........

I'm also liking the rocks just as they are. That negative space is so pretty to me. And you can just imagine the scape covered in corals!

This tank is amazing, congratulations for having the time and patience to create a beautiful little ecosystem.

Back