d2mini's Epic Fantabulous New Reef Build

Tang still in hiding.

Been moving some stuff around. New FTS!

7924880440_7a1eeeb8f1_o.jpg

So yesterday I got my first REAL fish! An Orange Fin Tang, like this one.
SeaTradeMarine.com: Orange Fin "Tomini" Tang
You just don't see these very often and the store had him for a few weeks. Seemed pretty healthy to me. But unfortunately he is in hiding. Will try to get some pics when he comes out.

Good choice. My Tomini rules the tank like a big brother. He's really jumpy though, which tends to make the rest of the fish JUMP when he darts off. :)

If that's what I think it is... I have a very similar pinkish urchin like that one... they do a great job.

Last edited:
very nice fts!! too bad those sponges dont last long in captivity bc they look really awesome!! very nice job with the tank so far!

You would think they could make some decent fake sponges. I love real stuff but I would use one if they were good. My TBS sponges actually were decent after 1 year even but I got rid of them stupidly. My Red Ridge was freekin badass. Love those things. They seems to love liquid feed.

I think my head is going to explode...
haha, i say they same thing every time Part II shows up. :)

It's like Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory...everything you could ever want in one place!!!
haha, this is true!

Good choice. My Tomini rules the tank like a big brother. He's really jumpy though, which tends to make the rest of the fish JUMP when he darts off. :)

If that's what I think it is... I have a very similar pinkish urchin like that one... they do a great job.
Nice. :) My guy is still in hiding.
Ya, the urchin is already annoying me, carrying stuff around. We'll see how long until he's banished. ;)

very nice fts!! too bad those sponges dont last long in captivity bc they look really awesome!! very nice job with the tank so far!
Thanks! :)

You would think they could make some decent fake sponges. I love real stuff but I would use one if they were good. My TBS sponges actually were decent after 1 year even but I got rid of them stupidly. My Red Ridge was freekin badass. Love those things. They seems to love liquid feed.
Even if they were totally real looking, I couldn't bring myself to do it. lol

awesome...so many gorgonians! They really add another dynamic to a tank!
Thanks!

Good god, how do you manage to make a new 7 foot tank look that full so fast? Unbelievable and totally amazing!!
Like the song goes, with a little help from my friends. ;)

4764-1269052364.jpg

My envy knows no bounds. I'm pretty sure this thread should bear an "X" rating, as it undoubtedly qualifies as reefpron.

It varies. I'm running this graph right now.
Sunset is insane, the reds are absolutely electric.

Reef Central Online Community - View Single Post - Share your Radion Graph!

Wow. I just imported this graph and ran it on the 2 minute demo. You are right; the reds flare up as the sun sets. My Sun Polyp looked like it was on FIRE. It was so crazy colored that I don't think my eyes could comprehend what they were seeing at first... "that is Photoshop'ed". :) Damn I love these lights.

4764-1269052364.jpg

My envy knows no bounds. I'm pretty sure this thread should bear an "X" rating, as it undoubtedly qualifies as reefpron.

Post some pics of it! :-D also do you have any of the water lines coming from the garage for water changes? Do you pump water out then new water in, or simontaneously?

Wow. I just imported this graph and ran it on the 2 minute demo. You are right; the reds flare up as the sun sets. My Sun Polyp looked like it was on FIRE. It was so crazy colored that I don't think my eyes could comprehend what they were seeing at first... "that is Photoshop'ed". :) Damn I love these lights.

NOOB question, where are you importing this graph and what kind of lights does it apply to? thanks :D

Back