d2mini's Epic Fantabulous New Reef Build

.. but my skimmer works best when it is NOT clean. .. have I missed something?

.. speaking of which.. I should go check the fill bottle..it likely needs dumped.

Um. Where are the fish pictures?
I haven't forgotten, dear! 4 are out and about but one little lady is still shy. I'm worried about her especially because Anthias need to eat more often. I see her back behind the rock so I know she is still alive at the moment. I'll get some pics this weekend regardless.

Focus, Erin. He's moved on. Must be his ADHD ;)
That too. :mrgreen:

.. but my skimmer works best when it is NOT clean. .. have I missed something?

To a point. I think there is a difference between a wipe that takes the chunks away, vs a real cleaning/rinsing that gets rid of the slimy layer. It's supposed to make for more efficient skimming.

she will be fine d2; she will eat when she wants. like i said, i had a finicky anthias as well out of the 3 i bought; i thought she would surely starve. called the pet store i bought her from in atlanta and the guy assured me she was fine and that it was to early for her to be wanting to eat which puzzled me since the other 2 were feasting like pigs... but sure enough 3 or 4 days later she came around and ate like a little pig.

sure thing, good luck. not to say that she surely will eat cause all fish are different but i have my fingers crossed for for ya. they look like healthy fish so most likely nothing to worry about; especially in a pristine tank like yours ;)

Here's some video of the neck cleaner installed and running. :)
I have my Profilux set to run it 4x per day for 2 minutes each time.
Go to youtube to see it in higher resolutions.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYv--RCAgTc]Vertex Vectra Skimmer Neck Cleaner - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks! And yes, it is kinda nifty. ;)

Know what else is nifty? Going out and getting a bunch of sweet sps frags for less than $140! Here's an overhead shot... closeups to come... As a reference for scale, the ones on the right are on standard frag plugs.

8376866167_06046762e6_o.jpg

2 feet tall and the cup is about 10" across.
It's actually a tad oversized for my tank if you go by the tank dimensions. But I got a super deal on a used one. Couldn't pass it up.

Back