d2mini's Epic Fantabulous New Reef Build

Couple new pics... :)

8592967800_f8cc4b7522_o.jpg

8592967878_77e9598b19_o.jpg

8591867031_8d24e4b140_o.jpg

And morning when the lights are just starting to come on...

8592461971_0e9fbc587e_o.jpg

agreed. Also want to comment, thats a sharp looking table set. We have been looking for something very similar but only place near us that carries that natural wooden furniture is restoration hardware and they are proud of theirs.

:D

Amazing... simply amazing bro!
Thanks dude! :)

WTF Dude? You really have to stop this, you're making everyone else look bad!
Gimme your car (after you restore it) and I'll stop. :mrgreen:

agreed. Also want to comment, thats a sharp looking table set. We have been looking for something very similar but only place near us that carries that natural wooden furniture is restoration hardware and they are proud of theirs.
Macy's. :Cheers:

Your girl is totally planning her big swim day in there....
"Let's see....if I push this bench there, and stack the chairs, I could totally life that lid and jump on in.....Where's Wally? I need a lookout"

Beautiful pictures. Love the one with your daughter. So cute! My daughter loves to ask questions about my tank. Hopefully it will be something we can do together as she grows up :)

Got to love having Aquariums when you're a proud parent. Nothing like passing on a hobby to the next generation. Not only that, but the wonder in their faces when you put something new (Coral, CUC, or Fish) in the tank.

I told my 4 year old that as a birthday present I'd set him up with a 10G tank with a single clown. The little brat proceeded to look at me and say "But, Daddy, I want a Clownfish, a goby, hermit crabs, and snails! So you need to get me a bigger one.......please!". He's soooooo lucky he added the please in there lol. So, looks like I may be getting a 36G bowfront to set up as "his" tank (Of course I'll be doing all the work for it lol). But come on, how could you say no too that? And surprisingly enough, all of the things he asked for, would actually be considered understocked in that size. So, apparently, he's been thinking about em since I started the hobby. Love it!

And, on a last note (Sorry for the essay :p), I love your friggin tank. B-e-a-utiful.:Cheers:

Your girl is totally planning her big swim day in there....
"Let's see....if I push this bench there, and stack the chairs, I could totally life that lid and jump on in.....Where's Wally? I need a lookout"
LOL, shhhhhh! She may hear you!

Beautiful pictures. Love the one with your daughter. So cute! My daughter loves to ask questions about my tank. Hopefully it will be something we can do together as she grows up :)
Yup, ever since she popped out, the tank was calming to her. Always got her to stop crying. I highly recommend a tank to anybody with an infant or toddler. :mrgreen:

Awesome!!
Thanks!

I like how the lights come through the vents at the top of the cabinet.
Thanks! I was worried about it but now that's it's done I like it too. :)

Got to love having Aquariums when you're a proud parent. Nothing like passing on a hobby to the next generation. Not only that, but the wonder in their faces when you put something new (Coral, CUC, or Fish) in the tank.

I told my 4 year old that as a birthday present I'd set him up with a 10G tank with a single clown. The little brat proceeded to look at me and say "But, Daddy, I want a Clownfish, a goby, hermit crabs, and snails! So you need to get me a bigger one.......please!". He's soooooo lucky he added the please in there lol. So, looks like I may be getting a 36G bowfront to set up as "his" tank (Of course I'll be doing all the work for it lol). But come on, how could you say no too that? And surprisingly enough, all of the things he asked for, would actually be considered understocked in that size. So, apparently, he's been thinking about em since I started the hobby. Love it!

And, on a last note (Sorry for the essay :p), I love your friggin tank. B-e-a-utiful.:Cheers:
Thanks! And yeah, she's a hoot. Loves to point out the starfish and crabs and I got her mimicking the crabs with her hands. :D

Uh, that's a negative on thr fly by Ghost Rider.
:grumble:

Last edited:
My new toy has arrived! :bounce:
Now I don't have to go into the fish room where my Profilux is set up to see tank stats, enter feed mode, etc.

Got it all hooked up and will now work on installing the screen in it's proper spot... which you'll have to wait to see completed. :D

8603674496_b1e0e6a511_o.jpg

does the profilux not work with your android/iphone like the apex? no wireless option? still neat but kind of obtrusive, no?

oh and the cabinetry turned out beautiful! really works well with your decor and the space.

will you be painting the room or the cabinetry at all?

Thanks! :)

Yeah, they have an iphone app.
But i'd rather be able to walk by the tank and see the stats right there, then having to dig out my iphone or go find it if it's not on me.
And it won't be obtrusive when I'm done. ;)

The cabinetry is already painted, but we will be painting the room.

Back