d2mini's REAL 130g Rimless Cube Build Thread

Hi Dennis,

I am getting ready to start on my new tank. I love your tank :)

Could you answer a couple quick question about your gear?

You are using the reef keeper elite....and also the American Dj -4 power modules. How does this all hook up together... I am a little confused

With the american dj units do you still need a controllable powerbar... I was looking at both the reefkeeper elite and the Neptune Apex...

How are you liking your skimmer?

Koda, they're acting as two completely separate things.

The dj outlets are there for two reasons. 1, they are basically acting like a powerstrip, giving me a lot more outlets than just one dual wall outlet. 2, they allow me to just hit a button to turn something on or off rather than having to unplug it. I plug stuff into this that doesn't need to be on the controller, like my protein skimmer or my BRS dual reactor and my main system pump.

The RKL is for running things that need to be controlled like my heater, dosing pumps, and lights. Technically, i could just run all RKL power modules but that would be quite a bit more expensive and I wouldn't have the easy on/off switches.

The skimmer is a little finicky in my tank (i dont feed a lot) but its a nice unit. There is a huge thread on it at reefcentral. This is only my second skimmer ever so I can't really say how it performs in comparison to others, other than that it blows away that p.o.s. aquac urchin pro i had in my last tank.

by the way, are you a professional photographer or something? i mean come on dennis! are you stealing those pictures from some random place online?!?!?!?!

what camera are you using? and how much did it cost? im jealous!!!
I finally just put it in my sig. :lol: Nikon D700

by the way, are you a professional photographer or something? i mean come on dennis! are you stealing those pictures from some random place online?!?!?!?!
I do a little clicky clicky on the side to pay for my camera addiction.
Now if I could just make money with my tank to pay for that. :roll:

you may be able to sell some pictures to cruise lines as postcard backgrounds, your full tank shots could easily look like pictures of the actual reefs in the ocean if you get them to just be one side so you cant tell its in a tank!

Just updating with some full tank shots.
Lost some sponges recently, and some inverts during my heatwave when the house ac went out for several days, but other than that it's still chugging along really well and 7 months old now (since getting wet).

959908466_5seLs-O.jpg

959908396_kbrMY-O.jpg

959908436_nLjyM-O.jpg

Thanks guys... and ggNoRe, that's my new Ritteri Anenome. :D

Here's a quick crappy video to go with the pics.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB_rVHPm_vY]YouTube - ‪130g Tank‬‎[/ame]

Had to fix the credit at the end of the movie so I deleted the one above and replaced it with this one.
Gonna make another with my iphone 4 instead of that old Flip camera and see if it comes out better.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gXN6LaU-Ew]YouTube - ‪130g Reef Tank‬‎[/ame]

Well i just spent the last hour of my life reading this thread from page one.

1. You have an outstanding house
2. Your tank is unbelieveable.
3 The work you put into this project is INSANE!
4. You have to be ballin out of control to afford all that stuff.!

I read someone's comment sayin best reef tank ever and im going to concur. Very nicely done and im beyond jealous. Kudo's to you Dennis, very nice.

Back