d2mini's REAL 130g Rimless Cube Build Thread

D2 I just had another look at your pictures, they are amazing, I wish I could get my tank anywhere near this nice!

D, aren't you bored of your tank yet? Cuz I'd be happy to fly out there and take it off your hands :D It's the least I could do for a fellow reefer!

haha, i think i'm ok for a little while longer. :D

Hey, guess what! I started this thread Dec 5th 2009!
So Sunday was a year ago that the build really got underway after a few months of planning! :Cheers:

The better question is: Does Wally still approve of the tank?

lol, he hasn't been paying as much attention to it lately, but that's probably a good thing!
I was taking pics tonite and he jumped up and shook the whole thing. All 130+ gallons of it. :shock:

Here's my new Mini Maxi Anenome!

1126768104_3aJcW-O.jpg

1126767983_vCix3-O.jpg

And another shot of one of my fire shrimp on my clam.

1126768201_ws6r9-O.jpg

Tank - $1800
Stand - $500
Skimmer - $600

Tank will totally vary... it was custom made by a local builder. 1/2" Starphire on all 4 sides and a 3/4" bottom. Same with the stand, custom made to my specs by a local builder.

ok cool thank u, the tank when purchased is that with a pump or 2..
or just straight glass with the overflow and drilled holes?

i ask because im getting custom made stuff from a petstore i do a/c/heating work for.
just want to see if im getting a great deal.

D2 - LOVE the new shots. Looking great.
I almost got a mini max a while ago; what's the care requirements like? Didn't find much online on it.

Missing Steve, my bloodshrimp :(

D2 - LOVE the new shots. Looking great.
I almost got a mini max a while ago; what's the care requirements like? Didn't find much online on it.(

Mini maxes are awesome looking, and I actually thought of putting a few of them in my contest deco tank, but they were a little to pricey for my blood! They come in some AWEOME colors.

Back