Darko's Upgrade 46g Bow Front

Wonderful pics! Submit them for next month!

Sorry to hear about the shrimp, but I am glad things are back on track now! Are you planning on getting new shrimp?

Awesome shots Donna, now you need to get some new ones of the edge posted :D

I am working on that... The lights are currently not in the working order.... I am waiting on a piece in the mail...

Wonderful pics! Submit them for next month!

Sorry to hear about the shrimp, but I am glad things are back on track now! Are you planning on getting new shrimp?

I will be ready for next month for sure. Yes I am planning on getting some new ones... I really miss the cleaners and I have noticed aptaisa popping up all over... I was waiting on the car to sell but I think I am going to get some peppermints before things get out of hand...

Here are some new pics.... the pics of the pipe fish are not that great but it was out!!! That thing never comes out....

DSC_4890.jpg

DSC_5000.jpg

DSC_5001.jpg

DSC_5114.jpg

DSC_5188.jpg

DSC_5335.jpg

DSC_5423.jpg

DSC_5555.jpg

DSC_5564.jpg

DSC_5599.jpg

Donna, some people seem to struggle constantly with one tank problem after another... And some people just seem to be a "natural" at this hobby.

I am the first type of person. You are clearly the second type.

Well Biff my luck may be running out... I recently had a HUGE :pooh: storm happen in my personal life.... and neglected the tank some. I lost my frogspawn and an SPS... I am not sure exactly why, but I know I have not done a WC in a while, I am making SW tonight. I didn't clean the glass for weeks...since i took the FTS for photo of the month last month. I will never make that mistake again it took forever to get it cleaned... its still got some green spots... I checked all of my levels and nothing seems out of wack.. other then not doing a WC in a while?

from what I remember

PH 7.8-8.1
ALK 9-10
cal 400
mag 1300 I think
temp 79-81
salinity 1.025

Sorry to hear about that, donna. :(

But those pics are awesome!
I want one of those pipe fish but I think I better attempt to get rid of my Mantis Shrimp first.

Sorry to hear about that! At least you only lost two things. SPS will usually be the first to go. Your parameters look fine. Nitrates are still low?

Donna, I posted this same question in another person's tank showcase thread, but your style of pictures is very similar to his, so I'll ask it of you too!

Great pictures! I have a question about your photography. Obviously you take the pics with the tank lights on. Is the rest of your room dark? I'm wondering how you get such a nice dark background and the colors of everything standing out so well. When I take pics of my tank, everything seems washed out no matter what I do with the white balance. I would like more contrast like your pictures. Unfortunately, my tank is also in a very large room with lots of windows and a big sliding glass door opposite the tank, so it's nearly impossible to get the room dark... Even at night, it's lit up from everything else in the house since the living room is pretty much open on two sides.

What's your lighting set up for pics? :mrgreen:

Back