Different Octopus Skimmers??

ironnie7i

Reefing newb
Im building an upgrade from my 55 gallon setup to a 150 gallon reef ready setup. Im looking at some skimmers but im not sure what are the main differences between these Octopus models.

-Octopus EXTREME
-Octopus Needle Wheel
-Octopus Recirculating Skimmer
-Octopus Super XP models

What would you guys recommend as far as one of these or would you recommend another type of skimmer??

Thanks

P.S. this is the website I was looking at:
Protein Skimmers, aquarium protein skimmers & Foam Fractionators

They are all good. It pretty much comes down to how you want to run it (in sump or external) and how much you want to spend.

-Octopus Needle Wheel - the original Octo skimmer. They work great. (I have the orig NW 200)
-Octopus Recirculating Skimmer - Basically the same as the above, but it's made to be run outside the sump.
-Octopus EXTREME - A few ppl here have this skimmer. It's the upgraded ver of the needle wheel. It has a better pump and a bubble plate diffuser.
-Octopus Super XP models - They are the new cone skimmers. Whether they are worth the $$$ or not is yet to be proved.

i have the new 2010 Octopus EXt 160 that has the new needle wheel and the longer cone it now comes with seems to be working great so far, with the pump located below and you can rotate the exit tube where you want it you can use a smaller foot print if your cramped for room

Attachments

• !Bo!kV5QB2k~$(KGrHqMH-EEEtr8cLKVpBLlyyrSJIw~~_35[1].jpg
    !Bo!kV5QB2k~$(KGrHqMH-EEEtr8cLKVpBLlyyrSJIw~~_35[1].jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 873
  • P5171643.jpg
    P5171643.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,039
Last edited:
Back