Digglers 75 eel tank

IMAG0106.jpg

ahh another eel fan :) AND comic books too!! If you ever have to get rid of that batman sketch i'll take it off your hands for you ;)

2 things I can think of... take the glass off and put egg crate-it'll help cutdown on the heat and allow the lights to do exactly what their supposed to-glass stops it. annnnd 2nd thing... try putting your rocks on the VERY bottom of the tank-no matter how small of an eel you get they WILL knock over the rocks ;) I've have 4 eels now... even my dinky guys knocked things over. putting it on the bottom makes it to where they can't dig underneath and cause rock slides and eventual tank breakage....

That algae is similar looking to stuff we have here called "Dead mans fingers" and is one of my MOST favorite algae's to see and watch move around :) they are pretty neat.

have you ever had an eel before? :) snowies are great for beginners-he probably won't eat the shrimp tho.... at the aquarium we have about 10 eels in with maybe 20 or so shirmp and they just happily co-exist and my eel has never taken out a shrimp... now crabs on the other hand... lol

2annnnd 2nd thing... try putting your rocks on the VERY bottom of the tank-no matter how small of an eel you get they WILL knock over the rocks ;) I've have 4 eels now... even my dinky guys knocked things over. putting it on the bottom makes it to where they can't dig underneath and cause rock slides and eventual tank breakage....

He epoxied the rocks down. :wink:

snowies are great for beginners-he probably won't eat the shrimp tho.... at the aquarium we have about 10 eels in with maybe 20 or so shirmp and they just happily co-exist and my eel has never taken out a shrimp... now crabs on the other hand... lol

I thought snowflake eels where crustacean eater and will pretty much eat any crustacean? What kinds of shrimp are they? The ones with the white antennas?

Are there any crustacean I can put with my dragon eel?

He epoxied the rocks down. :wink:

to the bottom of the tank or to each other? if it's not connected to the bottom and all the other rocks are connect that makes for a bigger problem-one wrong move and the tank is gone.... never underestimate the strenght of eels!

I thought snowflake eels where crustacean eater and will pretty much eat any crustacean? What kinds of shrimp are they? The ones with the white antennas?

Are there any crustacean I can put with my dragon eel?

While eels DO eat crustaceans it seems as if they won't eat cleaners or peppermints from my experiences.... it CAN happen but i'm pretty sure cleaners and eels have a symbiotic relationship because my cleaner (Hermey named after the dentist in rudolph) would constantly sit in konas mouth and clean.... kona never ate him... added another cleaner, he could care less.... he also doesn't eat my emerald crabs. At the aquarium we have a tank with around 10 eels (two being 3" dragons mind you) and about 20 cleaners/peppermints and we still have the same stock when we check everyday... you could try cleaners since I've never had an eel or worked with an eel that's gone after em

to the bottom of the tank or to each other? if it's not connected to the bottom and all the other rocks are connect that makes for a bigger problem-one wrong move and the tank is gone.... never underestimate the strenght of eels!

I'll keep that in mind. I don't have the larger bottom rocks epoxied to the bottom of the tank.

The diatoms have steadily decreased over the past couple of days. I found a red sea squirt on the middle piece of LR. :D I found out they don't have a long life expectancy. I just did a water change so it's a wee bit cloudy.

IMAG0113.jpg

It's been a tough few weeks. The wife has been sick and so have the dogs......but I've managed to keep up with my tank. I added a chromis and my tomato clown over the past three weeks. Today I went to my LFS and bought my snowflake eel(12"). While acclimating to temp I did a 25% water change. The eel,of course, went to the back of the tank on release. It explored quite a bit and now is hiding out. I'll get some pics up after my water clears up. I bumped my two power heads and have yet to get things back to water clarity perfection.:frustrat:

Ammonium 0
+
PH 8.2
+
Nitrite 0
+
Nitrate >5

= A small cyano outbreak. :frustrat:

The crappy thing is, I couldn't get by the LFS to get water before they closed. Oh well, I guess it can wait until tomorrow. :grumble:

Ammonium 0
+
PH 8.2
+
Nitrite 0
+
Nitrate >5

= A small cyano outbreak. :frustrat:

The crappy thing is, I couldn't get by the LFS to get water before they closed. Oh well, I guess it can wait until tomorrow. :grumble:

5 PPM! :lol::lol::lol:

That's nothing to worry about. Unless you have some very sensitive creatures in there.

My nitrates are always between 10 to 30 and my starfish are fine.

Back